cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8800 (8851/8861) No Dialtone / Nothing happens when pressing keys

kvitug
Level 1
Level 1

anyone else had issues w/ Cisco 8800 series phone (8861/8851) where it's powered on, but there's no dial tone, or when you try to press any keys nothing happens. As if the phone is frozen, but if you wait a while, eventually it resumes normal behavior. Doesnt require a reboot. While the issue is present, device stays register to sip server, has layer 3 connectivity. Able to WEB access to the device. 

Device Model firmware: sip88xx.11-1-1MSR1-1.loads

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for sending the PRTs. I gave a high level look at them and it has the same signature of the issue which has been fixed in 11.2.1. An upgrade should solve this issue.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Do you have CUCM?

I do not. I have the sip version 8800s.

Product name: CP-8861-3PCC

I do not. I have the sip version 8800s.

Product name: CP-8861-3PCC

So the phone is running 3PCC firmware and you want to enable the phone to talk to a non-Cisco Call Manager. Is this correct?

Correct. They register to an outbound proxy

Are you using 11.2.1 firmware?

We have sip88xx.11-1-1MSR1-1 as the baseline firmware. But we are upgrading the reported phones to 11.2.1 individually. 

Was there any known related issue on sip88xx.11-1-1MSR1-1 firmware? 

A similar issue has been fixed in 11.2.1 after it was reported. Do let us know if it works for you.

Thanks.

do you have the bug ID related to this issue? Appreciate it thanks

I can confirm if its the same issue only after looking at the logs. If you can send out a PRT with debug level set to DEBUG I can check. Also, the bug was internally found so it won't be visible externally.

Thanks.

Yes. I have two debug PRT files. Should i attach them here? or should I send them to you directly? Let me know. Thanks

You can send them to me at bijpraka@cisco.com

Thanks.

Thanks for sending the PRTs. I gave a high level look at them and it has the same signature of the issue which has been fixed in 11.2.1. An upgrade should solve this issue.

Thanks.

No further reports has been made since upgrading the firmware to 11.2.1. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: