cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8800 8861 IP Phone - Magnetic Bezel

Lucas Phelps
Level 5
Level 5

So I shipped a telecommuter an 8861 IP Phone, and when they returned it, the magnetic bezel was lost.

Any idea where I can buy one of these things online?  I see there is a part number for a SILVER model: CP-8800-S-BEZEL   However I cant find any of these anywhere.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lucas,

I would open a TAC case against this bug and you should be able to get a new bezel @ no cost;

8800 series IP phone bezel falls off (screen cover)
CSCvf65330

Symptom:
The bezel (screen cover) on Cisco 8800 series IP phones falls off or does not stay in place.

Conditions:
Occurs when the magnets that hold the bezel to the phone lose their adhesion with the bezel on the Cisco IP Phone 8811, 8841, 8845, 8851, 8861, or 8865.

Workaround:
Open a Service Request with the Cisco TAC. The bezel will be replaced with a new one on impacted devices.

Cheers!
Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lucas,

I would open a TAC case against this bug and you should be able to get a new bezel @ no cost;

8800 series IP phone bezel falls off (screen cover)
CSCvf65330

Symptom:
The bezel (screen cover) on Cisco 8800 series IP phones falls off or does not stay in place.

Conditions:
Occurs when the magnets that hold the bezel to the phone lose their adhesion with the bezel on the Cisco IP Phone 8811, 8841, 8845, 8851, 8861, or 8865.

Workaround:
Open a Service Request with the Cisco TAC. The bezel will be replaced with a new one on impacted devices.

Cheers!
Rob

Ha -- No kidding!  Thanks Rob, never would have guessed they'd consider this a bug.  It's definitely an annoyance.

If the replacement parts were readily available and cheap I wouldn't be so annoyed.