Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8821 no wireless connection

TC2013
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am currently having an issue after implementing the latest 8821 firmware 11.0(5)SR3.

I have 13x 8821 Wireless phones which after the firmware update, they won't connect to the wireless network. 

I checked my CUCM version and the AP/AP controller versions. 

The AP are not quite the same version, but close

Current Version: 15.3(3)JA12$

Version Recommended: 15.3(3)JKP3

This is the current running version for the AP controller:

Cisco Air 2504 Wireless controller: 

Software Version8.0.152.0

Cisco AIR-CAP1702I-E-K9 Access Points: 

cisco ap version.JPG

After checking the versions, they aren't quite the same, but very close. 

My question is my wireless controller and access points are on the complete wrong software, which is causing the phone not to even recognise the wireless. 

Also, the controller and the AP are getting old, would they be okay for these updates? 

Thank you for your time in advance,

J

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Why are the phones NOT connecting to the SSID?
Have you done debugs on the phones?
If ALL phones would not join the SSID then the problem is the WLAN config. Have you tried OPEN authentication to see if the phones join the SSID?

Hello Leo
Thank you for your response. I have spare phones which haven't been upgraded and they all connect no problem.
I have introduced the same authentication as the old ones, but without success.
Would you let me know what kind of debugs should I be doing? On the Status Messages, it keeps showing "Ethernet Disconnected" every 1-2 min.
I think it's trying to connect but it can't. That's why I thought maybe having a slightly different AP firmware would cause this.

I've got phones running on those firmware without any issues.
On the WLC, use the debug command "debug client <MAC ADDRESS>" to see what the phone is doing.

Since the phone won't work with 11.0(5)SR3, what happens if you side load 11.0(5)SR2?

EDIT:  

I checked our phones and they are currently still running 11.0(5)SR2.  I don't remember the reason why I refused to load 11.0(5)SR3.  

Hey All,
After running debug, this is what it gives me:
*apfMsConnTask_0: Jul 21 03:20:42.990: Processing assoc-req station: AP: : thread:151c1c80
*apfMsConnTask_0: Jul 21 03:20:42.990: : Ignoring assoc request due to mobile in exclusion list or marked for deletion
Any thoughts?

Are you using EAP-FAST?  If you are, read THIS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: