Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8821 turn off phone via red button while keypad lock is enabled

chhehr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I've got an issue related to the Cisco 8821 Wifi Phones. Apparently it is possible to turn the phone off via the red button while the keypad lock is enabled. I am able to reproduce this with my own 8821. In my opinion it should just not be possible to turn the phone off while the keypad lock is enabled, I mean that is what the keypad lock is for, right. Please tell me there is a setting for this and where to find it, as this is quite annoying.

Kind Regards

Chris

2 Replies 2

Yes, a customer told me as well they are experiencing the exact same problem. By now, i have no solution for this...can anyone shed some light on this? Would be awesome, thanks!!!

chhehr
Level 1
Level 1

It would already be helpful if someone could reply that he does not have this issue, so I would know that it is not a generell problem. Because with the 7925 it does not behave the same way. There you can't turn off the phone if the keypad is locked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: