Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8821 Wireless phone - change number and group

CTOSHRP
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have a cisco 8821 device that I need to move to another group. When I call a particular number, I would also like the 8821 phone to ring. Is this something that can be done in the CCM? 

Do I also need to change the directory number of the phone itself? 

I did this in the past through command line a long time ago, assigning new phones to voice groups. But I've never done anything with CCM interface

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM is not configured via CLI, that's CME, find out which one you use and explain the current call flow. With just that information, use a shared line. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

CUCM and CME are two product. CUCM configurations are through GUI and CME are through Command line. Kindly let us know which product you use. Accordingly we can assist you.

Response Signature

I guess I will be doing it through the CUCM. It's the only one that has been shown to me at this facility 

CTOSHRP
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

If I am using CUCM how do I change the current number of the 8821 cisco phone? 

Here is how:

• Navigate to Device > Phone and locate the 8821 phone.
  • Click on the existing line (ex: Line [1] - 2001 in Executive_PT) you wish to change (on the left hand side of the page).
  • Change the Directory Number and/or Partition. Be sure to move to another field after changing each of these parameters before you click Save (after configuring both).
  • Click Save.

Here is a link to the System Configuration Guide for CUCM 12.5 (but applies to any recent version) describing this and other methods:  CUCM System Configuration Guide: Configure a Directory Number Manually for a Phone 

Maren

Have you even done any try’s to figure out how to do this in the webUI of CM yourself or done some basic facts search for references online where this is outlined before you posted a question on this? The reason I wonder is that this is a very basic topic and one that you should with a minimum level of effort on your end be able to figure out on your own.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: