Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8821 wireless phone issues

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All

Can anyone help

I have just started replacing the 7925 wireless phones with 8821 wireless phones.

We had some issues whereby the phone keeps dropping off the network, as recommended I have upgraded to the latest version of firmware, this seems to have had no impact at all.

The number basically just disappears from the screen.

The phone is pingable on the wifi all the time.

I have read some bad things on these phones.

Any ideas ?

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@carl_townshend wrote:

The number basically just disappears from the screen.

The phone is pingable on the wifi all the time. 

The number disappears from the screen ... this means the phone has lost registration with CUCM.  

The phone is pingable on the WiFi ... this means it's not a WiFi issue.  

Please read FN - 64274 - CP-8821 Fails in Wireless LAN Infrastructures.

Hi

I had already read this guide and we are all set up as per the guides.

Funnily enough I have checked the software and Cisco released some brand new firmware yesterday for these phones so I will try that.

Some feedback I will give Cisco is that the software being released in many products lately is very poor, I am getting so many issues and complaints about various routers / switches / wifi etc with many many bugs.

Cisco need to address this and stop releasing products with so many defects!!!!

Carl, 

Don't believe in the hype.  Stick with 11.0(3)SR6.  11.0(4)SR-train is not matured.  Not in a long shot.  

@carl_townshend wrote:

Cisco need to address this and stop releasing products with so many defects!!!!

ROFL.  Funny!

@carl_townshend wrote:

Funnily enough I have checked the software and Cisco released some brand new firmware yesterday for these phones so I will try that.

I've read the Release Notes for 11.0(4)SR1.  

Not impressed.  There are more Sev 1, 2 and 3 Open Caveats than Resolved.  I'm staying with 11.0(3)SR6.  Thank you very much.

Direct your feedback related to product quality at your Cisco AM. No one on this forum is in a position to meaningfully impact that situation. We’re in the boat with you so to speak.