cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 8832 registration rejected call manager 11.5.1

hendricksdan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, We have two brand new cisco 8832 speakerphones and have installed the firmware pack to support them on our call manager servers, we are running CUCM 11.5.1.11900-26.  We have firmware 12-1-1-23 for the 8832 loaded and the devices come online for the first time and upgrade from the firmware on them (12-0-1SR2-2) to 12-1-1-23. 

However, when we look at the devices in CUCM they show as registration rejected.  the phones work and take settings we send to them from CUCM for a few days but eventually the registration status changes in CUCM from "Rejected" to "Unknown" and the phones no longer accept settings changes sent to them until they are deleted and re-registered.  Things look fine in the phone web interface to me.

Any insights into what's going on? i've read the other 8832 threads about firmware here but they don't seem to apply here.  I tried factory resetting, also tried booting to the old firmware, there is no difference in CUCM.

7 Replies 7

voipeee
Level 3
Level 3

hi @hendricksdan,

Usually the Rejected status means there is some error in the configuration(MAC address incorrect, or Device Type worng etc). If the status does't change for few day's then it will change to unknown.

Please rate "helpful" answers.

Thanks,

Muk

The phone was set up by the call manager with autoregistration, so there isn't any way it's the wrong MAC or phone.

Try to reset the security settings on the phone to delete ITL

I've already done that and factory reset the phone. Both of these phones were new in the box so they do not have ITL files.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I know this was a good ways back.

We are experiencing this with a new shipment of 8832's. We are on the same phone firmware as you. The phone works and takes calls but the registration shows rejected and no ip address information.

Hi @russk85,

Upgrade the phone to the latest Version cmterm-8832.12-5-1-16. Please note there is a bug( CSCvj33740) in this version as well, however, Cisco has not comeup with the fix yet and they fix will be released by end of March.

Thanks,

Muk

Please rate if this helps.

Hi Muk,
This solution works 100%.
Best Regards,
Pascal
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: