cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8845 Multi-Line Phone - how to get only one line to ring?

starcrost79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We recently had the Cisco 8845 multi-line phones installed in our group. When we had our old 7965s, they were set up so that only the main line (the first listed) would actually ring. The rest of the lines would flash and the number calling would display, but no alert sound was made.

Is there a way to set up the 8845s to do the same?

TY for the assist.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Starcrost79,

If you have CUCM implementation then, under the specific phone Association Information, on Line [2], [3] etc you should change the "Ring Setting (when phone idle)" and "Ring Setting (when phone active)", check example below:Ring.png

I hope this helps,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Starcrost79,

If you have CUCM implementation then, under the specific phone Association Information, on Line [2], [3] etc you should change the "Ring Setting (when phone idle)" and "Ring Setting (when phone active)", check example below:Ring.png

I hope this helps,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed. I passed this onto our IT group (government office, we control NOTHING on our own PCs) and they fixed it right up for me. I (and my coworkers) appreciate your help greatly!