Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8851 Call History Open and Incoming Call

at
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We are working with Cisco IP Phone 8851 and CUCM 11.5.1. Simple Question to one behaviour we discovered on our phones

8851 - Application - Call List open

We look in the Call List Missed Calls

8851_1.JPG

In that Moment we receive an Incoming call on Line 1 (LED on the left side is going on (orange)  LED on the Right side is blinking (orange)

8851_2.JPG

Now we want to accept the Incoming call with Picking up the phone (handset/Receiver)

We expect now that we are connected with the Incoming call, but now we see that  the Phone Window changes to "Call" and waiting for Choosing a Dialing Number, the 2nd LED on the Right Side is going green ...

8851_3.JPG

We are hanging up the handset - Window Call History disappears and we see the window with the Incoming call

8851_4.JPG

- we are Picking up the phone again and now we are connected to the calling phone

8851_5.JPG

Quesiton  : works as designed or is there a Setting we did Forget to configure ???

thankx

Alex 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ok we could fix the problem ...

Phone Settings

Product Specific Confguration Layout

Actionable Incominig Call Alert : we change from "Disable"  to "Show for all Incoming Call"

regards

Alex

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

silvervoip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What code you are running on the phone?

We run latest firmware 12.7.1 on the phone ... 

regards´

alex

davisjaron
Level 1
Level 1

I'm on 12.5 and I just tested this with an 8811 (basically the same thing, just in grey rather than color), and I was able to answer the call just fine.  I don't believe that's a configuration issue, though.  Try upgrading the firmware on your phone and testing again.

Prassha
Level 1
Level 1

Let me know how many phones are affected?

are you experiencing issues with all 8851 IP phones?

What is the firmware version you are using for 8851?

If call history disappear, can you verify if the phones are in correct voice vlan?

Verify if correct TFTP servers are configured?

Have you tried any of these troubleshooting steps ?

Try to delete ITL file?

Try hard reset if not then try factory reset with one phone?

Notice the behavior if still same issue, try upgrading firmware version.

Rate if you find this helpful.

Regards
Prassha3
Rate if you find this helpful

Rate if you find this helpful or Mark Solutions as Accepted

ok we could fix the problem ...

Phone Settings

Product Specific Confguration Layout

Actionable Incominig Call Alert : we change from "Disable"  to "Show for all Incoming Call"

regards

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: