cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8851 IP Phone and Phonak Compilot device

jeffrey.gruntz1
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings. I work at a Nuclear Power Plant and we use Cisco 8851 IP Phones. Previously we used Nortel IP Phones and my colleague, who has a Phonak Compilot device due to hearing impairment, was able to pair the device via Bluetooth with no problems. However, since the move to the Cisco IP Phones, we are unable to pair the device. The Cisco phone sees the device, and when prompted, we enter the activation key of 0000 (as per the Phonak Compilot support page), but the phone comes back almost instantaneously with an error that it cannot connect to the device. We have tried on multiple phones and the same error. We are awaiting response from Phonak, but does anyone know what version of Bluetooth the Cisco 8851 devices use? The only thing we can think of is that there's a version conflict of Bluetooth between the devices that won't cause it to connect. Has anyone else had any issues with the Phonak Compilot? Of note, she uses the Compilot that hangs around her neck, not the base device that can connect to a phone. Thanks for any assistance provided on this matter.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the Cisco phone running on? 

Just to test, has anyone tried using a different brand of BT headset to see if the pairing works or not?

Jason_Brockman
Level 1
Level 1

Were you ever able to pair your Compilot devices with an 8851?  I'm having the same issue, and I've tried several firmware versions now.  I've tried 11-5-1SR1-1 and 10-3-1-20 most recently with no luck.  The user is able to connect his Compilot to other bluetooth devices with no issues.

RS62432
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Phonak ComPilot II devise and it will pair with the phone CP-8851, however, there is no audio connection regardless of volume set, regardless of whether headset is selected.  This has been frustrating that a simple Bluetooth connection with a $1050.00 streamer device purchased for this purpose does not work due to CISCO's bluethooth technology.