Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8851 "Inactive Load Failure Reason: File Not Found"

Hello,

My organization uses Cisco 8851 Desktop Phones and I am in the process of upgrading the firmware from sip88xx.10-3-1-20 to

sip88xx.12-1-1SR1-4. I have uploaded all of the firmware files to both of our TFTP servers and have had a lot of success with the upgrade. But I have been noticing quite a few phones that are not getting the firmware update and when I take a look at their settings I am seeing "Inactive Load Failure Reason: File Not Found". I'm not sure where my issue lies since I've had success on quite a few phones already. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Me and a coworker did some digging last night and found out that any phones that have not received the firmware update if we just "Apply Config" it pulls the new update and installs it. We assume that when I set the new firmware and set all the phones to restart to get the firmware that it overloaded the FTP servers. All is working well now. Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jonathan.salter
Level 3
Level 3

Are the phones with the issues in the same subnet as those that worked?

Please remember to rate useful posts, click on the stars below.

Yes all phones are on the same subnet.

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you check if both upgradable and non-upgradable 8851 do have the same initial firmware version (sip88xx.10-3-1-20). 

You also need to make sure that you have restarted the TFTP services on all the corresponding servers (Pub and Sub) and that you may need to restart (if you havent done already) the 8851 phones that did not proceed with the upgrade.

Last but not least can you confirm that the phones are on the same/voice VLAN?

Hope this helps

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

All phones prior to the upgrade were at 10-3-1-20.

Both TFTP servers were restarted after the firmware was loaded onto them, and have been restarted multiple times since then. I will try to restart a phone that is affected today.

Yes all phones are on the same VLAN across our network.

Me and a coworker did some digging last night and found out that any phones that have not received the firmware update if we just "Apply Config" it pulls the new update and installs it. We assume that when I set the new firmware and set all the phones to restart to get the firmware that it overloaded the FTP servers. All is working well now. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: