cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8861 corporate directory issue

Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

Just started using some 8861 phones with Callmanager 9.1.2. Installed cmterm-devicepack9.1.2.13070-1.cop and rebooted cluster. Phones register and function correctly except dialing from corporate directory. Dialing using corporate directory shows sip formatted dialing ( number@ip address of callmanager) and fails. Does anyone know a fix/workaround for this?

7 Replies 7

Murali_DS
Level 1
Level 1

Does this issue occur even when the extensions are dialed directly from the phone without referring the directory, if so start validating with the phone number mask, translation pattern.

No. Only when using the corporate directory. All other dialing (keypad, speed dials, etc.) works correctly.

We have found that it is the format of the phone number (synced from active directory) that is causing the problem. The format currently is (XXX) XXX-XXXX which apparently causes the 8861 to treat it as sip uri. Format XXX-XXX-XXXX seems to work correctly. Haven't found a workaround yet. Looks like it may take a bulk update in AD.

I also have this issues on the 8861.  Any 10 digit with dashes or parenthesis fails to dial from the corporate directory. 

I had this issue as well with the dash in the directory.

I opened a case and got an engineering release firmware which solved my problem.

Hi hauchinango, could you share the bug id for this?

Thanks

Sure:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq14595

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: