cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 8861-MPCC - Can't Connect to GUI After Factory Reset

MAVEN1
Level 1
Level 1

I did a factory reset on CISCO 8861-MPCC and I can longer connect to the GUI via browser (tried multiple browsers). When I enter the IP address in the browser URL window the Cisco favicon is displayed in the URL window, but the progress indicator just spins. I've waited several minutes, but it does not timeout.

PID VID: CP-8861-K9-V08

Software Version: sip88xx.11-0-0MP2-553.loads

The phone was working as expected and I was able to connect to the GUI prior to the factory reset. I reset it as we are changing VOIP service providers.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

MAVEN1
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE: I did not set a password after the factory reset, so I set one on the phone. When I attempted to connect to the GUI via browser, I was prompted to provide credentials, but then the same result. Progress indicator just spins.

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do a factory reset again, but this time around, don't set the password. 
This firmware is very old and its likely that your browser is having issues with it. 
You have two options. You can either find an old version of internet explorer to try and access it or, use action URL to upgrade the phone to a newer firmware:

To upgrade the phone with a URL in a web browser, enter this command: http://<ip address>/admin/upgrade?<schema>://<serv_ip[:port]>/filepath

Hope it helps 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: