Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8865 Activation

AlpBakir0524
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I bought Cisco 8865 IP Phone, and I have tried to use it.

But I can not use it because it shows me an activation screen.

Even I have entered my SIP server IP and user/password.

My IP Phone has been connected with Ethernet cable, but it's "Verify your service domain and internet connectivity and then try again"

How can I activate Cisco 8865? or there is a useful guide?

Also, where is a TFTP server?

Best regards

13 Replies 13

Thank you for your reply.

But I am not sure that how I can get 16-digit activation code in the form xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx?

Get someone who knows how to setup DHCP Option 150.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You bought a device with enterprise FW, refer to any of the posts on CSC on how to configure your device with the xml files, Or get a 3PCC device with a config GUI.

Your phone is trying to register to either the Cisco cloud services or via MRA because the TFTP server is unreachable. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for your reply.

Already I know about that, I want to know how can I get a 16 digit activation code? from where?

I have tried it.

Once I add new Device for a user, it's say

This user cannot activate Cisco IP Phones. To be able to do this, you must enable Webex Calling for them from the Users page.

I go to a user panel, and How can I enable Webex Calling?

However, I got a 16-digit activation code and scan the QR Code, so I got success.

But I can not move to the next screen, it just shows me "Phone is registering".

When I see the log, it says, "Token refresh failure"

Thank you

Plenty of info if you google enable webex calling

https://help.webex.com/en-us/njvdjf2/Configure-Cisco-Webex-Calling-for-Your-Organization

https://help.webex.com/en-us/8jda92/Cisco-Webex-Calling

I'd strongly suggest you reach out to your SE and discuss training options for the webex control hub if you're going to be the one in charge.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

PS : I bought Cisco 8865 IP Phone from Amazon

Thank you for your help However, how can I convert from Enterprise to MPP FW? Activation success, but IP Phone won't allow registering.

I have charged with the Starter membership. I got a license for 1 user.

When I tried to add a new Device, it says.

"This user cannot activate Cisco IP Phones. To be able to do this, you must enable Webex Calling for them from the Users page."

As I know, I should see the screen to select IP Phone device, and add Phone Number, Extension

Am I wrong? What is my next step?

Thank you

Your responses are so highly disrespectful, condescending, and rude.

Please don't bother responding with this tone, just because this question is very basic and you know how to fix things doesn't give you any right to talk to people like that. 

Don't expect everyone to be an expert just because they bought a Cisco phone from the market. 

Did you ever get an answer for this?

akilees
Level 1
Level 1

Let's break this issue down to pieces: 

1. Are you trying to register the phone to Webex? or CUCM? or CME? 

2. In order to register phone to any of the servers above, you need few things: 
     a. PoE Port or External Power Adapter ( I can see that's not an issue as you are getting power) 

b. You need phone to be in voice VLAN and that Voice VLAN should know the TFTP server's IP address (Checkout DHCP Scope Config)

c. If you are connecting this phone for Webex registration then you either need to add the phone in Webex portal or generate activation code (From what I am reading this seems to be the issue) 

Here is what you need on Webex Portal: 

1. Location (Create a location) 

2. Assign Main number to that location 

3. Add user 

4. Go to user > add device 

5. Add device using model number > MAC address 

If your Webex portal is set up as mentioned above the phone will register. 

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: