cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8865 IPPhone can't hear other caller (internal only)

hankej
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day,

I seem to be having more and more issues with our Cisco 8865 Ip Phones.  When someone internally calls someone with this phone, the person answering the phone cannot hear the calling person.  The calling person can hear the called person though.

This seems to only happen to internal calls.  I called my desk phone from my cell phone and each side could hear the other, but not when I had a co-worker call me from his desk phone to my 4 digit extension.

I just downloaded the latest firmware sip8845_65.12-5-1SR1-4, but this didn't help any.

It's not happening on all 8865 phones, but more and more are starting to have the issue.

Anyone else having this issue or anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Joe

9 Replies 9

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are both phones that they cannot hear each-other on the same (Voice) Vlan? 

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Yes, our voice vlan at our main building is vlan 200 and every port on our 4510 devices are set to with Voice Vlan 200.

Please note that Caller A can hear when caller B is talking, but Caller B cannot hear caller A.

Thank you

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
1) Check if there is any firewall between two phone if yes disable the SIP/H323/SCCP inspection in it.

tgaur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

is this the only one phone affected, is there any firewall in between. check the stream by enabling the web access of the phone if we are receiving any reverse packets.

So I replaced the 8865 phone that was having issues with a new, never opened 8865 phone and set it up the same way as the old one and replaced it with the one that is having issues.  We tested with the same person that called previously and now both sides can be heard.  So to me this would say it's not a network issue, but rather an issue with the phone itself.  

So -if supported- you may requst for an RMA

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Sorry for the late replies on this.  I have opened the web interface on the phone and placed a test call to this phone.  Again I could hear the person who answered the call, but they could not hear me.  Here are the streaming Statistics

Stat1.jpgStat2.jpg

I'm not quite sure how to read this, but it appears there are no Rcvr packets during the call.

Thanks for any help anyone might be able to give.  These phones go from phone to Cisco 4510 switchport, to switchport on same 4510 back to phone.

As the Phone is not receiving any packets so it is network issue and you need to check the path between two phones and find out where traffic is getting dropped.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Any thoughts on how to go about doing this?  One thing we are going to test is to put a 7965 in place.  Perhaps there is an issue with the SIP traffic?  We have confirmed that we are on the same 4510 Chassis, but different blades.  I am in port 1/38 and she is on port 9/43.