Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8865 Phone - Recent Call Log Does Not Clear Out

OShirazii
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I have a Cisco 8865 phone that seems to be having a strange issue. We have used the official instructions in the manual to try and clear out the recent call list using the Application/gear button.

We have also used the 2nd from top right button next to LCD to bring up a secondary recent call list that still showed data in it after above step, and cleared this out as well.

However, when my user picks up the handle or tries to start a new call, a recent call log list appears on the screen that still shows a list of calls. The phone is associated with multiple lines.

I have somewhat ran out of options to fix this on my own and was wondering if this is something you guys may be able to help me with. The only thing I can try right now to see if the issue goes away is to try a factory reset, but wanted to ask the question before taking that kind of step.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

It sounds like this bug/enhancement perhaps;

Cheers!

Rob

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut22033

88XX: "Simplified New Call UI" feature inconsistency
CSCut22033
Symptom:
Cisco 88XX phones with "Simplified New Call UI" has been set to enable

Conditions:
"Simplified New Call UI" has been set to enable

Workaround:
Use only the handset to make a new call.

Further Problem Description:
We have enabled "Simplified New Call UI" for this particular phone model,which causes the phone to revert back to its previous dialing behavior, which is to not display the call history when dialing. However, we are seeing come inconsistencies in the behavior.

For this phone model, the Simplified Call UI only appears when a new call is placed by picking up the handset and dialing (No Call History is displayed.). However, If a new call is made by pressing the "New Call" softkey, or when using the transfer or forward all softkey the new dialing UI with the call history appears.

I was able to reproduce this behavior in my lab environment as well. I believe the "Simplified New Call UI" Feature should behave consistently between phone models and consistently between dialing screens.

I could see it works fine for 89XX model of phones.

Thanks for that update Rob, really appreciate it.

As it turns out, this workaround does not work for this user. She gets the darn recent call list no matter how she tries to start the new call (button or picking up handset). She does not have nor use a headset at this time.

Do you think there are any other options we can try as a workaround for her?

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: