cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8865 with Cisco 8800 Key Expansion Module in Webex Control Hub

Zepster44
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up a Cisco 8800 KEM with an 8865 phone.  I know with the old CUCM, you could create a template and push it to the key expansion module, but, with Control Hub, I see the KEM is attached but can't do anything with it.  When its plugged into the phone, I get a white screen.  I've tried a factory reset with no luck.  Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just in case anyone is ever caught in a similar situation, it turns out that the 8800 KEM doesn't show anything on it until you fill all your speed dial slots up on the phone it is plugged into.  It took me 5 months to get this answer, because nobody knew until I contacted Cisco support and even then, they didnt know until we tried a few things first and then stumbled upon this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tgaur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

what you see on the phone web page >> status messages, when connect the KEM.

regards.

Not sure I quite understand.  The phone itself shows the KEM installed, but the screen is white and the '1' is green.  I checked in Control Hub and under my user\devices, it shows KEM:1.  But, if I click on Devices in Control Hub and go to my phone, it does not show a KEM attached.  I can send any screenshots you need.  Any help would be appreciated since you are the first person to respond on this and I have spent many hours digging through the web.

thanks

Chris

Just in case anyone is ever caught in a similar situation, it turns out that the 8800 KEM doesn't show anything on it until you fill all your speed dial slots up on the phone it is plugged into.  It took me 5 months to get this answer, because nobody knew until I contacted Cisco support and even then, they didnt know until we tried a few things first and then stumbled upon this.