cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8941 corporate directory

davethehedgehog
Level 5
Level 5

In the corporate directory on the 8941 I can't see the BLF fields that I can see on the 7900 series. i.e. I can't see the presence on there. Is this expected? I can't find anything about it anywhere!

Firmware version is 9.3(4) and UCM version is 9.1           

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dave,

I totally agree with you here I think the fact that the link I sent

doesn't mention "Directory" is a dead giveaway. There was this Bug/Enhancement

that speaks to this on 4th gen phones;

Presence enhancement

CSCtc73771

ymptom:

On a 79XX series phone the directory, call logs, and  call history (when you press the down key) you are able to see presence  status of the DN's if your subscribe search space allows (this is by the  phone icon, on hook for not busy, off hook for on a call, etc..).  On a  9971, 9951, and 8961 this behavior does not seem to be present.

Conditions:

Looking for BLF call lists on 4th gen phones.

Workaround:

None. This is an enhancement request for 4th gen phones.

I'm pretty sure there is still a bit of a gap in the feature parity here.

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dave,

Does it work for Call History (Missed calls etc.)??

Cheers!

Rob

- Bob Marley

What is the exact model of these 7900 phones? If they are type A: 7910, 7940 and 7960, these phones do not support presence-enabled call and directory lists.

Please rate helpful answers!

Yeah, they work fine on our 7900 series (which are 7942G's btw), it's the 8941's where it doesnt. Thanks for that suggestion Rob! I'll take a look tomorrow. My gut feeling is that it doesnt.

Really I have a sneaking suspicion it's not supported yet, but I was hopeful someone would tell me otherwise!

Hey Dave,

Good stuff

The reason I ask was that there is this note related to the 8941

but it does not mention the Directory lists;

Line Status for Call Lists

The  Line Status for Call Lists feature enables the user to see the  availability status of monitored line numbers in the Call History list.  The administrator enables or disables this feature using the Line Status  for Call Lists parameter in the Enterprise Parameters Configuration  window.

When the Line Status for Call Lists parameter is Enabled, the phone  line numbers in the Call History register Line Status notifications and  an icon appears next to each Call History item in the Call History list.  The icon notifies the user that the lines are in one of the following  states:

• Unknown
  • Idle
  • Busy
  • DND

When the Line Status for Call Lists parameter is Disabled, the phone  line numbers in the Call History list do not register the Line Status  notifications.

This feature is supported on the following Cisco Unified IP Phones (SCCP and SIP):

• Cisco Unified IP Phone 8941
  • Cisco Unified IP Phone 8945

From;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8941_8945/firmware/9_3_1/release_notes/P415_BK_R3969224_00_rn-9_3_1-8941-8945_chapter_00.html#P415_RF_L77EE5A3_00

Cheers!

Rob

- Bob Marley

So, the verdict!

I get presence fine in missed/received/placed

I don't get it in corporate directory.

I don't have that field in enterprise parameters, but I do have "BLF for Call Lists" which does the same thing and is enabled.

This must be an 8941 accessing that service thing. I really suspect it's not supported, which is annoying

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dave,

I totally agree with you here I think the fact that the link I sent

doesn't mention "Directory" is a dead giveaway. There was this Bug/Enhancement

that speaks to this on 4th gen phones;

Presence enhancement

CSCtc73771

ymptom:

On a 79XX series phone the directory, call logs, and  call history (when you press the down key) you are able to see presence  status of the DN's if your subscribe search space allows (this is by the  phone icon, on hook for not busy, off hook for on a call, etc..).  On a  9971, 9951, and 8961 this behavior does not seem to be present.

Conditions:

Looking for BLF call lists on 4th gen phones.

Workaround:

None. This is an enhancement request for 4th gen phones.

I'm pretty sure there is still a bit of a gap in the feature parity here.

Cheers!

Rob

- Bob Marley

Sorry for the slow response on this Rob. It looks like we're out of luck then! Here have some Karma/correct answer/kudos or whatever it is on here and thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: