Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8945 Freezes Auto-Registration

Jason Ryan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm converting some Cisco 8945 refurbs from SIP back to SCCP using the auto registration method in CUCM. The problem is that after the phone downloads the SCCP firmware and reboots, it freezes when attempting to register. When the auto registration is left on SIP, the phone registers just fine. Just to be clear, the phone is not freezing when doing the SCCP upgrade. The phone goes through the normal upgrading screen and then reboots with the SCCP firmware loaded. The phone menu becomes frozen and the web interface does not respond, though the device is still pingable. Some of the last things I can see in the phone logs before it freezes is it starting the locale pull, but that might not be the problem. 

Specs:

Cisco 8945

Cisco CUCM 10.5.2.11900-3 (single server)

Auto-Registration Enabled

SCCP Firmware: SCCP8941_8945.9-3-2-11

Thoughts?

Jason Ryan

3 Replies 3

Jason Ryan
Level 1
Level 1

In case anyone ran into this issue, I changes to the latest SCCP firmware available and the phones auto registered without issue. Reverted back to the 9-3-2-11 and the issue reoccurred. 

Jason Ryan

Hi Jason,

I'm having the same issue with fimrware version SCCP894x.9-4-2SR2-2.

What version of firmware did you use to fix this auto registration issue with 8945 phones?

Thanks.

Regards,

Albert

I believe it was SCCP894x.9-4-2-8.loads though Im not certain.

I ended up created a template so that any 8945 SIPs that were added to the system would then download the SCCP package (hardcoded in the template's load field). I would then bulk delete and bulk readd as SCCP. 

Jason Ryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: