Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8945 phone bluetooth pairing with i Phone

Suchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to pair I phones with Cisco 8945 desk phones. Is it possible to do?

Thanks

Suchira

8 Replies 8

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Suchira,

You can pair IPhone with Cisco 8945 phone since it does support the bluetooth functionality. However, please make a note of below information:

Depending on the quality of these devices and their proximity to other devices such as mobile phones  or two-way radios, some audio noise may still occur. However, Cisco cannot guarantee the performance of the system because Cisco has no control over the quality of external devices, cables, and connectors.

Refer to below guide for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8941_8945/8_5/english/user-guide/8941_8945enu.pdf

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

8945 does not provide pairing with iPhone. The 88XX phone models do via intelligent proximity.

Chris,

I agree with your point that Intelligent Proximity is only available with below phone models, however, pairing the 8945 phone with iPhone should still allow the basic ability to talk to the customer using your Iphone as you normally do on a BT headset instead of talking on a handset. My response was more from that perspective, since I believe it should work for basic call functionality at least wherein user can use it as a BT headset and not for Intelligent Proximity feature that gives lot more than this

Intelligent Proximity for Mobile Voice

With Intelligent Proximity for Mobile Voice, users of Apple iOS and Android smartphones and tablets can wirelessly connect to Cisco IP Phones 8845, 8851, 8861, 8865 and Cisco DX650, DX70, and DX80 endpoints through Bluetooth. You can easily import contacts and call history and quickly access them on these 8800 Series and DX Series endpoints, simplifying the call management process.

You can also move the audio path from a call in progress on a mobile device, to the specified Cisco endpoints to enjoy the superior audio quality of your devices.

Regards

Deepak

Deepak,

I hear you, but the only thing bluetooth provides on 8945s is headset capabilities meant to pair a bluetooth headset. I don't even think you would be able to pair an iPhone as a headset to these phones, but I have never tried.

To me iPhone pairing is what you get with 88XX phones when you get the ability to accept calls on your desk phones destined to your iPhone and vice verse and at the same time get ability to import contacts/etc.

Chris,

This is definitely supported and I did this recently during one of the CST partner update sessions in Cisco. The intelligent proximity feature uses Bluetooth and you can pair an iPhone

Please rate all useful posts

On the 8945?

Yep.

Please rate all useful posts

I just tried to pair the iPhone 7 with an 8945 running sip9-4-2sr2-2, and it cannot pair with an iPhone via Bluetooth. The Cisco 8945 was able to discover a Samsung TV via Bluetooth, so it appears that you can probably pair external Bluetooth speakers with this phone model as well but not an iPhone, which uses a different Bluetooth profile type. Therefore, Intelligent Proximity is not available on the Cisco 8945 phones phones for a simple reason that they cannot pair with iPhones. Perhaps the Cisco 8945 can pair with Samsung or other Android phones (even though I doubt it), but the Cisco 8945 for sure does not with pair with iPhones via Bluetooth. 

So, I agree with Chris Deren on his initial response. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: