Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8961 expansion module cannot be configured

Pavel Herc
Level 1
Level 1

HI guys,

I have aquestion.

User has an expansion module (36 button CKEM)attached to his Cisco 8961 Sip phone and he is not able to configure the KEP module.

He tried to do it in the Endusers webpage but the menu telephone configuration is missing. When his phone uses another user everything works correctly -> points to the UDP or Enduser settings -> or maybe hardclient settings ?

environment :

CUCM version : 9.1.2.12901-3

LDAP sync user

extension mobility enabled

Roles : Standard ccmendusers, standard CTI enabled, Standard CCMUser Administration

Firmware version : Active :     sip8961.9-4-2SR1-2

Inactive :     sip8961.9-4-1SR1-2

Expansion Module : CKEM 36 button

Thanks in advance ;)

5 Replies 5

MOHIT SINGH
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Are both the users (working and non working) using same phone button template?

Hi,

None working user has the template with 1L-40SD

Working user has the template with 1L-4 SURL-36 SD i think.

Have you tried using "1L-4 SURL-36 SD" template with non working user?

hmm no I didnt,

I have found out that non-working phone had another phone Common Phone Profile then the working on so I have changed it.

Could this be the problem ?

I will later talk to the user and change the PBT to that working one.

I think I have found the reason that the user do not see the Phone settings menu on the Enduser webpage... There is only the UDT associated in the Enduser on CUCM.

and that could be the reason. But I ha e found out another strange thing :

I have checked the users dependency records on the enduser page im CUCM and I have seen there 4 devices which should be  the user connected via Extension mobility dynamic but If I check the devices then I see that device is logged on only in one device ( what actually should normally be fine) on the other devices are now logged other users or a no users logged in. ) Can this point to an issue with DB?