cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9800 series 3PCC phone's problem

gaoteng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,guys I meet a problem about Cisco phone series. the lab show it's Cisco CP9865-C-3PCC-K9.But I look through the all Cisco collaboration page but find no useful information. Now I speculate it's 
 engineering sample with unknown series (called 9800 series) And it maybe with 3PCC firmware,could any one tell me more information about this phone? Or help me creat case?thanks a lot
SN:FCH25262B(or 8?)29 TAN:U58V526.00 06 PID VID: NA......

23-03-12 08-03-46 0014.png

23-03-12 08-03-35 0013.png

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That looks like an Cisco Video Phone 8875. If that is an engineering sample or pre-production unit someone is in trouble for it escaping the eWaste bin; it should have been destroyed.

@Jonathan Schulenberg you are absolute right!Today I ask seller,and he show me the system information,then a notice the software version,It's display contain model.commit ID with dev and have a pkg suffix,and as the lab show,the video camera not work,I don't know if this is hardware failure or a software failure or just only disable by developer.Now I have a idea,maybe I could download the enterprise firmware then use TFTP server and DHCP server with option 66 point to TFTP then try to upload firmware to phone(like I used in Cisco 8845),but now I don't know if there is signature verify,or if consult other problem,and till now I don't know if it is a unix like system?I guess it is,and if I can find USART interface at PCB maybe I could know more,but I want to know if I can use TFTP+DHCP refresh this phone.......May be I should consult developer team?But I haven't any method,I love tinkering with these,not for any other reason,could you help me?Now I haven't buy this phone......

IMG_0042(20230317-125237).JPG

IMG_0043(20230317-125240).JPG

It's probably running a development build of MPP software, not Enterprise. The 8875 beta started as Webex Calling only; CUCM support on the Enterprise firmware was added much later. Regardless, the chances of you successfully upgrading it to a stable/public software load is very low. It's entirely possible that attempting an upgrade will brick it. There is no publicly available documentation/procedure that covers internal development builds - and anyone with those details is probably under NDA. The only idea I can think of is the MPP Upgrade Process, assuming you can even get to the admin web interface to modify the provisioning config.

hi,I have bought this phone,it take me about 100¥(about 15$?),I decide try  to test your and mine idea.And I found the Cisco download center provide this phone's MPP firmware......I don't know why.....Let's wait the post delivery.

gaoteng_0-1679154243169.png

Links: https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286331336/type/282074288/release/1-0-1-0001

And I want to say,In my opinion, To upgrade successful there are several requirement: First is if this upgrade is a full upgrade package.As I know the OS maybe have many layers, Such ast he bootloader,kernel,and other layers.If Cisco phone's firmware not contain all component maybe different layers have conflict especially in this condition.Second,the signature verify,infact,I don't think this is a problem,because to easy for developer debug or other works,signature verify usually disable in develop and enable in commercial release.The third is the different at hardware.This is depend on which stage this phone in develop,and different company have different rules,I don't know if this is could cause problem,only have try......