Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 9951 SIP Phone SRST system message display

zildj
Level 1
Level 1

I have SIP SRST working but we are still having the following issue:

Lack of system message (idle prompt) display on the CISCO 9951 SIP phone in SRST mode using Communications Manager 7.1, phone firmware 9.0(4), and SRST 8.5 IOS.

Has anyone had luck displaying the SRST fallback message on the supported CISCO 9951 SIP phones?

When I do a sh voice register global, my srst message does show up but will not display on the phone.

Regards,

Darren

4 Replies 4

dksingh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known issue with 99xx phones; You'd not see system message (idle prompt) display due to  99xx phone UI limitations.

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

We have  a remote site 2951 router running IOS version 15.1.3T . SRST works fine with SCCP phones at this site but the new 8961 or 9951 phone are not failing over in srst mode since you mentioned SRST works for you with these new phones please can you tell me is there anything differnt we have to do than normal SRST config for these new phones. Let me know ASAP . Thanks for your help.

CUCM version is 7.1.3

Bala

Same here withe 99xx phones not working in SRST SIP mode.  SCCP works fine.. router and phone versions are matched.... config is correct.... 

Please follow the same standard SIP SRST configs for these phones from this guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/admin/sccp_sip_srst/configuration/guide/srst_setting_up_using_sip.html#wp1011878

Minimum IOS version supported for these new phones is 15.1.3T so verify that .  I did not configure the backup registrar from the guide, just FYI..since UI bug is still not fixed as mentioned above in this post you won't even know phones are in SRST mode unless you verify that on the phone.

- Bala