cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971 as standalone SIP phone?

teleclick
Level 1
Level 1

I bought Cisco 9971 and want to use it as simple stand-alone SIP phone, but there no any settings to setup SIP accounts. Before that I used Cisco 7960 with such problem but I found how to upgrade that to SIP firmware, and than can find SIP settings on it. It just required some files and TFTP server.

I set up TFTP, Cisco 9971 finds it and asks it for some files, but I can't find the examples of that files.

It asks for

SEPDefault.cnf

SEP<mac>.cnf.xml

CTLSEP<mac>.tlv

First two I prepared from samples of Cisco 7960 config files, but not sure it's good. And I can't find the example of files for Cisco 9971.

How can I set up this phone as standalone SIP phone?

3 Replies 3

hzaben
Level 1
Level 1

hi Dmitry

Cisco 7960/40/05 are the only supported (has a firmware ) to run as standalone .

thanks

haitham

It's just enough to create tftp server and put SEP.cnf.xml there to make 9971 to send / receive voice and videocalls. So I get that file and my phone now is calling.

This is very very disappointing that Cisco phones are so problem. There are no other good videophones with clear displays and nice cases but I can't understand why I need to buy CUCM if I use only SIX such phones.

it will work this way , but you wont be able to use full feature set till those are registered with Cisco call agent , Cisco has call agent for small buisnesses likeyour setup (only 6 phones ), you can use CME on UC520 .. finally thanks for getting back to us on this

.H.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: