Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971 - Change Text Color on Phone

Matthew Berry
Level 1
Level 1

All -

I'm 90% sure I already know the answer on this one, but I wanted to send out a quick email to check anyway.

I have a customer who is planning to roll out color phones to everyone in the company.  I have been provided with a customized wallpaper from their marketing department.  The wallpaper is mostly white - very bright.  The text and feature keys on the 9971 phones are also white.  With a lack of contrast, it's very difficult to read text on the screen.

Is there a way to force the text to be black instead of white?  I don't believe there is.  In the past with 79x2 phones, there was a limit hardcoded into the firmware (location?) that forced the text to be white or black, depending on the brightness of the wallpaper.

Thoughts?

Matthew Berry | Solutions Architect, CCIE #26721 (Voice) World Wide Technology, Inc. | +1 612-219-0040 PS Engineering: Innovate & Ignite
1 Reply 1

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you're right as well, no way I have heard of or know of to change the font color.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: