Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971 degraded voice quality

fahad.ata
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Dear All,

I have 2 cisco 9971 ip phone and Call manager 8.5 , Whenever I try to make any calls from that phone , there is a persisting noice in the back, Both the phones have the same problem, All though all other model phones seems to be working fine with clear voice. I have connected the phone with the Cisco 3560 G Poe switch,

Both the phones are brand new , So I dont think it would be a hardware problem, Any help will be highly appreciated.

9 Replies 9

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

is this happend for all calls or just for PSTN ?

regards

Anas

Hi Anas,

Thanks for the reply, It happens for all the calls, even for the internal extensions.

Thanks & Regards,

Fahad Ata

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I think you need to replace your phones with RMA.

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

there are two phones like this and they are brand new ones, I dont think its a phone issue,

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

is it the same noise if you use speaker ?

apply QoS

HTH

Anas

yes , I hear the same noise on the speaker as well, Its a very small setup with 2 cisco 9971 and 4 or 5 cisco 7940 phones, and they are all in the local network, Do you think QOS is required for this? as the problem persist only with these two phones...   Can you please find out what the is amount of power in Watts required for cisco 9971 phones,

I am not sure but this can be a power issue as well, What do you think?

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Fahad,

in this case QoS is not an added value.

from experience, the noise sometimes happened due to electricity cables aligned together in the same trunk.

in this case try to connect the phone directly to the switch and do a test.

HTH

Anas

Hi Anas,

I tried that already, Sorry i dint told you that, When i connect directly to the switch the noise reduces to some extent you could say, the noise is minimal (but not gone) when I connect directly to the switch.

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

it seems it is a cabling issue. I don't have any other idea.

HTH

Anas