Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971 Not Registering on CUCM 8.6

Fraser Henshaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

Ive run into some trouble with a 9971 phone running on CUCM 8.6. The phone has been registered with the server before with its settings locked down so the access to the settings menu via the phone has been disabled. Around a few weeks later the CUCM server ran into some problems and had to be restored. Since then I am unable to get the phone to register back with the CUCM server. i get the rejected message in the phones tab. and the message Telephony service unavaliable on the phone itself.

I would factory reset the phone however as the settings were locked out from before i am unable to get into the menu and dont know another way to reset the phone, the method used with previous models (turn on hold # then press 1234...etc) does not work.

Any help would be appricated.

Regards,

Fraser

11 Replies 11

Hi Fraser,

Have you try deleting the phone configuration at CUCM? Create a new phone configuration, maybe will make the trick.

Regards

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

9971 can be factory reste as follows:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/7_1_3/english/admin/guide/9971trb.html#wp1031580

do this first and then, as Leo mentioned, remove the device from CUCM and re-add.

weirder things happen

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Fraser Henshaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, Thanks for the replies. I have tried removing the phone from CUCM and adding manually and also thorugh auto registration both with no joy. Also as i stated above i have no access to the Administrator Settings menu as they wered locked out in the config before and as the phone now does not register it doesnt take any updated settings to "unlock" this menu.

Regards,

Fraser

Hi Fraser.

For 9971 factory reset, follow this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/9_0/english/admin_guide/P567_BK_CEC6105C_00_admin-guide-8961-9951-9971_chapter_01100.html#P567_TK_PB2EC99B_00

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Fraser Henshaw
Level 1
Level 1

Carlo,

As i dont have access to the Administrator Settings menu, i followed the instructions below

While powering up the phone, press and hold #. - the mute button glows red and then goes out.

When the light on the Mute button and handset light strip turns off and all other lights (Line button, Headset button, Speakerphone button and Select button) stay green, press 123456789*0# in sequence. - when the mute button stops glowing red no other lights stay green the line and speed dial buttons on the screen of the phone begin to go orange then green as they normaly do on bootup, when exactly am i ment to press the 123456789*0# keys?

All help is appricated,

Regards,

Fraser

Hi Frase,

When line button start to blink green one by one + Cisco logo is displayed, it is when you need to press the 123456789*0# keys. Running this process for Factory Reset you don't need the Setting access.

Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

Fraser Henshaw
Level 1
Level 1

Leosalcie,

Thanks for the quick reply, is there a way to see if the factory reset has been preformed as after i type this button combination in the phone finishes booting up my previous custom backgroud is still there and the phone just says

"Phone Not Registered"

It does not reboot after the button combination.

Regards,

Fraser

You can check for the active phone's firmware using the Setting button or using the phone's web page.

eljose_lol
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Fraser

Did you get with this issue? that did you do ? and what say the phone's status messages?

Hello Guys,

Anyone got to solve this problem? I have it on multiple 9951 phones, the factory reset process does not work as the phone apparently ignores that you are pressing the # button... As per the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/9_0/english/admin_guide/P567_BK_CEC6105C_00_admin-guide-8961-9951-9971_chapter_01100.html#P567_TK_PB2EC99B_00

"When the light on the Mute button and handset light strip turns                 off and all other lights (Line button, Headset button, Speakerphone button and                 Select button) stay green, press                  123456789*0# in sequence.

When you press                      1, the lights on the line buttons turn red.                     The light on the Select button flashes when a button is pressed.

If you press the buttons out of sequence, the lights on the line                     button, headset button, speakerphone button, and Select button turn green. You                     need to start over and press                      123456789*0# in sequence again."

In my situation this never happen, the line buttons turn on green and after that they all turn off and the phones displays "Phone not registered"

Elkose, Anas.

I have had no luck so far with this, one thing a colleague of mine suggested was to flash it with an older firmware to force it to redownload a more up to date version when connecting to the call manager but I am yet to try this.

Regards,

Fraser

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: