Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971 phones, Line and PLAR

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

Guys:

Has anyone configured both a DN on Line-1 and PLAR on Line-2 on the same cisco 9971 phone, we are running CUCM 8.5, and seem to have some issues. If use SIP dial rules to make Line-2 as PLAR, it automatically makes Line-1 also a PLAR.

Any tips are much appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rajesh,

That's fine - you can safely ignore that blank pattern at the end.

You have configured pattern 6... on button 2. You need to add a PLAR pattern, configure just the button and save.

- Sriram

Please rate helpful posts !

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

srsivara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rajesh,

I have configured my primary line to a DN, and secondary line to do PLAR, and it works fine with the SIP dial rule.

I basically have all the possible Route Patterns for Line 1 defined, and PLAR rule for Line 2.

Can you upload a screenshot of your SIP dial rule to the thread ?

Thanks,

Sriram

- Please rate helpful posts !

Sriram:

Following is the screenshot for SIP dial-rule, my CUCM versio is  8.5.1.11900-21 on UCS Server

Hi Rajesh,

You have missed out on the Button parameter in the SIP dial rule. If you don't configure a button value, then PLAR would be applied to every single line of the phone.

You need to do something like this as in the attachment.

Plar setup only on button - 2.

I have set up indiviual routing rules for 851XXXX and 9XXXXXXXXXX for internal dialing and external dialing from Line 1. You would need to add all possible routes to the sip dial rule to line 1, to avoid interdigit timeout when making calls.

- Sriram

Sriram:

Some spooky things happening here with the version i am running, so i tried to emulate your scenario, for me, it automatically adds an extra pattern as soon as i save it

Please see below, whats the exact version are you running

Line-1 is directory number, and other DNs are 3XXX

Line-2 is PLAR and it starts with 6XXX

Rajesh,

That's fine - you can safely ignore that blank pattern at the end.

You have configured pattern 6... on button 2. You need to add a PLAR pattern, configure just the button and save.

- Sriram

Sriram:

That worked, thanks a lot man.

Rajesh,

Good to know it worked. You're welcome.

- Sriram

Sriram:

One more question, there is approximately 6 second delay when i press the Line-2 (PLAR) button. The PLAR destination is a ARD to a T-1 ckt which is not active yet. Not sure if thats the reason. But if i change the PLAR destination to voicemail pilot, it connects instantly

Rajesh,

As far as the phone is concerned, when you make a New Call on button 2, it will send a NULL INVITE to CUCM. The Null translation pattern in CUCM will be hit, and the call will be routed to the destination.

I don't think the delay could be from the phone side on CUCM. Once your t1 is active, you could test again.

- Sriram

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: