Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 9971phone unified camera not wokring

shaikh ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I  am facing the issue that when i connect  cisco 9971 phone to network its initializing all  the procedure including camera(red light on ) and after few second

i got error that unable to power the unified camera . On the other hand  same phone model are working fine ...

Any help will be higly appreciated.

Br,

SHIB

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Shaikh

On the 9971 device page at Product Specific Configuration Layout disable the Power Negotiation

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is the phone connected to Cisco switch or other vendor switch?

When you browse accessories on the phone does it list the camera?

Is video and camera enabled on the phone configuration?

Chris

The phone is connected HP switch.Second, after connect to the network it shows in accessories with USB symbol just for 5 sec then disappear given eror "unable to power the camera.Third ,yes all enabled.

Hello Shaikh

On the 9971 device page at Product Specific Configuration Layout disable the Power Negotiation

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Exactly, hence my question around the switch vendor. I had a customer using Extreme switches few years back where it took me a while to figure out this issue, after reviewing console logs it was evident the phones do not negotiate power requirements for the cameras with non Cisco switches. Disabling power negotiation does the trick.

HTH,

Chris

Yes Chris, i had this issue with HP switches.

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Thankyou guys to help me out..:)

Matt Ouellette
Level 1
Level 1

I recently ran into an issue where the Camera suddenly quit being recognized by the phone. Removing and reinserting the camera did not solve the issue. Neither did resetting all settings on the phone through the administrator settings. I found that downgrading the firmware, and then re-upgrading to the original running version would solve the issue. It seems like the driver was being corrupted somehow.

Running Firmware: sip9971.9-4-1SR1-2

Downgraded to: sip9971.9-4-1-9

Upgraded to : sip9971.9-4-1SR1-2

This happened on two different phone and the above resolution fixed it on both phones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: