Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AS CCM Migration Tool Extension Mobility Login/out Tool

Allan Wells
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone send post or send me the Cisco AS CCM Migration Tool Extension Mobility Login/out Tool,

We would like to be using this all the time for CallManager 4.x migrations.

Not sure why I cant find it somewhere on  the Net as an unsupported but availabe tool. Like Unity Tools

regards

Allan

13 Replies 13

ryabenne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Allan,

I'm with the CUCM TAC group and I'm not sure what you are referring to. Can you be more specific?

Ryan

A tool the Cisco Advanced Server team uses when migrating CUCM cluster from 4.x to 7 and up

Before you run DMA you need to log out all users.

Cisco CallManager can’t do that (log out EM users in bulk) it’s a manual process - so Cisco advanced services use the tool I mentioned to ensure all users are logged out of extension mobility.

They then can run DMA

Tool should be available to all like Cisco unity tools are

Thanks

Allan

Allan,

This is the first time I've heard of any tool like that. It doesn't surprise me that one is available because i know of the issues my customers have had due to the EM logouts, but I've never seen/heard it actually implemented.

I would recommend contacting your AS/SE team, or maybe someone on here can point you to it if they have it. I'm not aware of any downloads you can pull for a tool like that.

Ryan

Yeah you hit the nail on the head. It’s a nasty process with python scripts etc logging out all EM users.

Any Cisco tools developed in house i.e. Tripple Combo etc should be made available to all ! at the very least partners.

Why keep the tools internal and let everyone suffer with the disfunctionality of not being able to auto logout 1000 users.

Would love to see it posted here – SUPPORT COMMUNITY that where we are aren’t we?

Thanks

Allan

Valid point for the tools, but on the flip side I have customers that open TAC cases because they've killed their own CUCM system and/or network and then want to blame us for allowing them to do so(It happens more than you would think). Its always the devs call on whether tools get released externally or not.

Ryan

That’s a petty argument

Better off with a Cisco developed tool

And Cisco have released Tools like Dick Tracey

Also look at answermonkey -- ciscounitytools now There are plenty of tools.

Without the tool released you will get more tac cases guaranteed

Hi

Do you actually need to log people out? I've never done it, and I've done lots of DMA upgrades.

I've been told to log all users out by TAC when troubleshooting other types of upgrades as well, but I've never actually done it; the  amount of hassle was enough to spur me on to find the actual fault :-)

I'm not sure if this actually works or not, but I've heard of people talking about setting the EM service params to 'auto logout' and 'log out after 1 hour' shortly before a maintenance window. Theoretically it would log everyone out in an hour; however I've not personally tried this.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The process is logout I’ve seen many issues when not doing so

Yeah auto logout that’s great but the users have to logout for that to be in effect catch22

Hi

I've seen lots of issues *blamed* on EM, which have turned out to be unrelated. When I have logged out a cluster, I've done it like so:

1) Log into the CCM server via RDP or whatever, and run SQL Ent Manager. Run a sql query to list the 'device' table contents. Grab the 'devicename' column contents, basically a list of all phones you want to log out. Hopefully you'll have all phones prefixed as SEP, you can use a query such as  'select devicename from device where devicename like SEP%'

2) Throw the list into Excel, and use concatenate functions to make up lines like so:

wget "http:///emapp/EMAppServlet?device=&doLogout=true"

Then grab a copy of wget from the web, copy the text from Excel into a text file and save it to wherever you put wget as a .bat file. Run it from the command prompt, and it will iterate through the list of commands, forcing each phone to log out.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Nice thanks for the update greatly appreciate it !

Would still prefer the ease of the AS GUI

Regards

Allan

Hi

Yep - I'd agree. I'm sure it would make things much easier if tools for this and (for example) resolving DB replication issues were made available.

Anyway - if it helps, please rate it :-)

Aaron

Hi All

Partly in response to threads like these, I've written a tool that you can use to manage EM state for a CUCM cluster.

You can log in/out individual phones, or bulk export and import logins from text files.

It's available here - currently as a beta test version : www.ipcommute.co.uk

Aaron

Please rate if useful!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: