cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ATA 187, busy signal on outbound faxing??

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All,

We have a problem with our new Cisco ATA 187.  When we attempt outbound faxing we get a busy signal before the entire number is dialed.  However we can send faxed to the ATA number (10 digit call) without any issue.  There is no local voice gateway for the office.  They go over a sip trunk to our COLO where we have our cube router and our Call Manager.  I ran a debug on the cube router and I didn't even see the outbound call hit the router debug.

Anyone here on the forums ever come up against this issue with the ATA 187?

If so please let me know if you found a way to fix this.  I currently have the fax mode set to T.38 fax mode.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Vicky

3 Replies 3

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

If you are not even able to finish dialing, then it's a call routing issue, configure an IP Phone with same CSS/PT and the rest of the parameters for further testing.

Is there created a valid Route Pattern with the ATA's line PT?

What is the ATA configuration?

Could you please check if an IP Phone with the same config as the ATA can make outoing calls?

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hello Jorge,

Thank you for the input.  I did place that line on my phone with the same calling search space and it worked fine.  I was able to make outbound calls without issue.  The Route patterns we have in place for the site covers the numbers we are dialing.  There are some settings under Product Specific Configuration Layout that may need tweaking, just not sure what to adjust there.

Please let me know if you have any additional suggestions here.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Vicky

Hi Victoria,

What Fax Protocol is configured on the ATA? I guess your SIP Provider is using t.38.

Can you check the region settings and confirm if G711 is enabled from ATA to CUBE?

The SIP trunk to CUBE has MTP enabled? Is it using SW or HW MTP?

Please enable CCM detailed traces and recreate the problem, after that, please extract the traces and share them with us.

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.