Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ATA 187 over the wan

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

HI,

I have two offices (connedted with each other) both offices are connected to CUCM via h323 gateway. One site is having E1 line and other is having limited FXO ports. I want to use Cisco ATA 187 on the site where i have FXO ports. But at the same i want that ATA to be connected with E1 line.

Can i put ATA on one site and use line and extension of the site where i have E1 line.

3 Replies 3

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Can you supply more info,

Do you have a CUCM at site "A" and "B" with an intercluster trunk or are they CMEs ?

If they are the same cluster I do not see an issue with giving the ATA187 the same css etc as the native phones at the E1 site

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

CUCM is placed in third place. Both sites are connected with that CUCM via MPLS link.

Dear guys

I have another question in the same field

I have an IP network over VSAT

I am using the ATA187 to connect analog phones in the remote areas, and I have a call maneger server in the HUB station.

my question is,

if i have a PBX in one remote site ( support FXO interface), can I connect one ATA 187 on it ? and conseder it as normal analog phone or NOT ?

please advise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: