cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ATA 190 Bug Fix CSCuu50356

jefferymitchell
Level 1
Level 1

When the call is disconnected by the device to which the ATA 190 is talking to the ATA plays out a continuous busy tone. Cisco ATA 190 has the latest software version ATA190.1-2-1-004 installed and is configured in Cisco Unified Communication Manager Ver 9.1.2.  I found the link below which indicates that there has been 5 tickets opened and none closed.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuu50356/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Anybody got a fix?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jim-j
Level 3
Level 3

Based on the info here https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11112236/cisco-ata-187-fast-busy-tone

This is the solution I came up with:

Problem:    When you hang up after a page after 5 seconds you hear a fast busy over the paging system.  This continues for 25 seconds at which point the Bogen UTI1’s default max page timer (30 second) is hit and it hangs up the call.

Cause:        It's because the ATA190 reorder delay (by default) is 5 seconds, which is shorter than the default Bogen UTI1 VOX delay of 6 seconds (if the Bogen hears nothing for the VOX delay of 6 seconds it hangs up the call).

Solution:    In the CUCM ATA190 device set the Reorder Delay to 6 (default 5) so that the Bogen hangs up before it hears the Reorder Delay.
    -With ATA190 firmware 1.2.2 (load name ATA190.1-2-2-003) and newer you could instead use this solution:
    -Goto to "Device > Phone > Phone Configuration" and set "Mute Progress Tone" to "On" (default "Off").  Note that I have not tested this

View solution in original post

I'm running version 11. We just recently upgraded. This option is also in version 9.1.2.

When you updated the firmware, did you install both the QED and COP files? New parameters (Mute Progress Tone) were added to the QED file in release 1.2.2.

View solution in original post

27 Replies 27

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

There is no fix or workaround yet for this bug. If your setup is also affected then ideally you should open a TAC case as more number of SR's attached to the bug might just push the developers for a faster resolution to this issue.

Manish

Will do. Thanks Manish for your reply.

Jason_Brockman
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue with several ATA 190s, but only after upgrading their firmware.  I rolled them back to ATA190.1.1.2-005 and they seem to be working normally again.

Thanks for your reply Jason. How do you rollback the firmware version?

Check out http://amyengineer.com/2014/03/04/voice-basics-upgrading-firmware-for-specific-phone-models/.

It's the same process for ATAs as the phones.  I would recommend copying the current firmware value from the device defaults first, because it will get changed when you install the firmware package.  I'm guessing it probably wouldn't hurt anything, but I'd try it on one device at a time as she does in the linked article.

Jason I tried to install the older firmware version and call manager using her steps

1.OS Administration -> Software Updates -> Install and Upgrade. Walk through the prompts to upgrade from sFTP, select your file, check the MD5 hash, and start the install.  

After this step call manager gives me the following error message:

Error "No valid upgrade options were found"

I don't believe I've run into that before.  I had something similar with the first k3 update I tried to install, but I assume the older firmware you're using doesn't have k3 in it anywhere.

Most of what I see about it blames the SFTP server that's being used.  I've had good luck personally using FTP.  Seems odd that it could be the problem if it's getting a file list and you cna even see the MD5 hash.

It wouldn't hurt to try another server and check with TAC if that doesn't work.

I'll try again using another ftp server. On another note the device boots up and registers with cucm. What is strange is line 1 Status light is on without anything plugged in. I get no dial tone. Have you ever seen this?

Okay Jason I got the old firmware installed. I had to use FileZilla free FTP server. Note for any others that have the problem "No valid upgrade options were found" be sure to just use "/" in cucm for directory: On to next step.

Hi Jason,

How did you rolled back to the older firmware? I had recently bought 3 ATAs 190 with firmware 2.0.0 which is not able to register to CUCM 11.0.1

thank you

jim-j
Level 3
Level 3

Based on the info here https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11112236/cisco-ata-187-fast-busy-tone

This is the solution I came up with:

Problem:    When you hang up after a page after 5 seconds you hear a fast busy over the paging system.  This continues for 25 seconds at which point the Bogen UTI1’s default max page timer (30 second) is hit and it hangs up the call.

Cause:        It's because the ATA190 reorder delay (by default) is 5 seconds, which is shorter than the default Bogen UTI1 VOX delay of 6 seconds (if the Bogen hears nothing for the VOX delay of 6 seconds it hangs up the call).

Solution:    In the CUCM ATA190 device set the Reorder Delay to 6 (default 5) so that the Bogen hangs up before it hears the Reorder Delay.
    -With ATA190 firmware 1.2.2 (load name ATA190.1-2-2-003) and newer you could instead use this solution:
    -Goto to "Device > Phone > Phone Configuration" and set "Mute Progress Tone" to "On" (default "Off").  Note that I have not tested this

I can't find the setting you mentioned here "Mute Progress Tone" I'm using CUCM ver 9.2.1

Do you have the latest ATA190 device pack installed? That's what gave me the Mute option. If that doesn't give you the option maybe you have to upgrade CUCM? FYI I'm running CUCM 10.5.2.

I had to update the firmware to 1.2.2 and then the "mute progress tone" option appeared in Call Manager.

Here is the download link for the ATA 190 firmware:

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286248743&catid=278875240&softwareid=282074215&release=1.2.2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest