Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ATA 190 line and registration issue

natexiana1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have just tried registering to CUCM 10.5  a brand new Cisco ATA 190 straight out of a box with no success. Line 1 of the ATA has analog phone plugged in but its respective line registration status on the CUCM is still Unknown. The ATA has no issue on getting an IP via DHCP and getting all the configuration (eg, user id, extension.etc) from the TFTP server. However, the status of the ATA 190 Line 1 shows No line enabled along with a  "Yes" for the Proxy registration status which doesn't reflect on the CUCM. Please see enclosed captured for details.

Please advise.

8 Replies 8

Blaine K
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar but slightly different problem.  My ATA shows status as Rejected and the analog phone that is plugged into it gives me a busy signal.

Hi Blaine,

Did you add your device to the CUCM manually or auto?

Thanks

Thanks for replying!

I've tried it both ways.  It appears that I have a problem in my data tables.  It won't allow me to select the Standard ATA190 Phone Template.  That option only shows up in the ATA187.  Additionally, it never shows the Line to the left side for me to configure.

I've started a TAC case and will update further when we figure it out.  :(

Update:  TAC is stumped and having to dig deeper. 

LOL, it happened to me a year ago running ATA 187. ATA are a pain...

At the end, TAC installed a special firmware and COP file to make it work.

Update:  TAC got it fixed.  They had to go in and edit the database using vi Editor.  They said it's an issue that they have seen before.  (Too bad.)  And it is now fixed.  (Yay!)

Hi Blaine,

Good to hear that you get it up and running.

What version of firmware is your ATA 190 using may I ask?

The latest one happens to be 1.1.2 which works fine with the ATA 190 with the CUCM 8.5 as I tested in a LAB. However, Registration shows Rejected when I tested the ATA190 with the firmware 1.1.2 with the CUCM10.5 with the default or older ATA190 firmware/package. I am going to upload and restart the 10.5 cluster and see if it would work.

Thanks,
Nat

Hi, Nat.

I am using Version 1.1.2 (005).  I did have to do an upgrade to get to that version and I seem to remember that I had to "force" it to load the new version before it opened correctly.  By that I mean that I had to manually edit the Load Information in the Device Settings > Device Defaults page.  This was all before TAC determined that they would have to edit the database.

The main clue that there was a problem was that it wouldn't let me assign a DN number to the device AND would not let me select a Phone Button Template in the Device Configuration page.

Hope that helps!

Blaine

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: