Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ATA 191 - CUCM/Registration

scottpaterson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

Looking for some advice/help. Our service are in the process of gradually moving to IP telephony. Some of the sites have the requirement to be able to use there current analogue phones. 

I am trying to set-up a CIsco ATA 191 but not sure where I am going wrong. (I am quite new to this and it could be something really simple) 

I have connected the ATA as per instructions and I have this connected to the network and its getting an IP address. The power light is green and the network symbol on the ATA is flashing however the phone light on the ATA only comes to life if I lift the phone off the hook and this flashes green. There is no DIal tone. I have tried a couple of different handsets. 

The firmware on the 191 is - 11-1-0MSR3-9

I have added the ATA to CUCM the same way I would any other phone but its not registering. Its coming up -  Registration Unknown and within the ATA GUI when I go to The Voice - Information section I can see that the provisioning status is failing. The failure reason is "Connection Error" 

Our network is set-up as DHCP but im unsure if there are any specific provisioning/line settings I am missing? 

9 Replies 9

The firmware you mentioned is intended for Multiplatform Analog Telephone Adapter. Your ATA  won't register with CUCM. You need an enterprise versions. 

Contact your supplier and request them to provide a enterprise versions ATA. conversion  from MPP to enterprise require license and a cost is involved. 

Response Signature

Thanks very much for getting back to me with this. I had a look and found the following profile config which states its for Multiplatform Firmware. 

Cisco ATA 191 and ATA 192 Analog Telephone Adapter Provisioning Guide for Multiplatform Firmware - Deployment and Provisioning [Cisco ATA 190 Series Analog Telephone Adapters] - Cisco

Would it be the profile config I would need to update on the ATA for this? 

Robert Owens
Level 1
Level 1

Can you manually configure and ATT from MPP to CUCM enterpris

Not sure if I understand what you mean by your question. Would you mind to clarify?

Response Signature

I purchased new ATA 191. It will not auto-register or even if I manually add in Call Manager the MAC. What I was told is it set for MPP and I need an ATA 191 that is set for Enterprise. Can I manually change that on the ATA?
Thank you.
Robert

There is a process for how to do this. It’s quite well documented on this page. Convert between Enterprise Firmware and Multiplatform Firmware for Cisco IP Phone 7800 and 8800 Series Guide It’s for 7800 and 8800 desk phones, but should be somewhat applicable to ATA as well.

Response Signature

No, the process Roger says is only applicable to 7800 and 8800 phones, not for ATA.

The ATA you need to buy the right model, there is no migration.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Can you provide the correct model number, part number, Sku, etc.? Thank you