Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ATA 191 - web GUI isn't working properly

Good Day,

we bought our first Cisco ATA 191 but cannot configure it.

The device have an ip from the DHCP-Server.

After connecting to the web http://x.x.x.x we can login with admin/admin.

There is no option to configure anything. We have the tabs "Voice" "Administration" and "Status".

In the support portal i cannot find anything about this, just there should be a "Quick Setup Wizard" at the first time. This is missing here.

Regards

12 Replies 12

Kelseypate
Level 1
Level 1

Did you figure this out? I'm having this problem too. 

What phone control system are you using with the ATA? CUCM or CME, or other non Cisco option?

Response Signature

We're using this with a non-Cisco PBX. 

With 3:rd party system you need to manually configure the XML file and get it onto the device for it to be configured. The device will use option 150 in DHCP to find the TFTP server where it requests to download the configuration file (XML).

Response Signature

Hi Roger! Hope you are doing fine. Hey, we have a customer escalation with this exact same scenario ( ATA191 + Non cisco PBX)  Is there any way you can point us in the right direction to get our hands on that XML file? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

As you’re a Cisco employee you should have internal sources where you can get this information.

Response Signature

Hello Roger I am having this same Issue but i am using UCM Platform to use the ata191 any ideas what causes this issue besides the XML file?

With CM the ATA device should get all the configuration from the CM. Make sure that you have configured the ATA in CM under Phones and also make sure that you have option 150 pointed to the TFTP server in your CM cluster so that the ATA can fetch its configuration file.

Response Signature

james crowley
Level 1
Level 1

I have pointed option 150 to the tftp server on my cm but it's still the same. Any idea's thanks J

Do you see that the ATA register in CM?

Response Signature

james crowley
Level 1
Level 1

No, it's not registered

Then you should troubleshoot that as without coming in contact with CM the ATA would not pickup the configuration to enable the web service.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: