Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Call Manager Design/Implementation

Jun Sarceno
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,
     We have Call Manager 8.5.1 and it is currently configured for sites that has DID on each Cisco IP Phones.  I am getting ready to open Call Manager to a site that is currently configured a little different than the others.  Currently this site has 10 DID lines.  The 10 DID lines are in a Hunt Group.  We have a receptionist that answers all the 10 lines.  Puts the person on hold, dials an internal extension.  Lets the receiver know that he/she has a call on line 1.  Receiver picks up line 1.  Then when the next caller tries to call our primary line, line 1 is being used so it moves to line 2 where the receptionist picks it up and so on. 
      How does one implement this kind of system in Call Manager?  Do I put all 10 lines in a Hunt List?  Then configure a IP Phone with an extension module like 7915 with 10 Line Numbers?  
      Any help is greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Arun Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

First of all i'm not sure why you're using DID, If all the 10 lines are answered by a receptionist.

Since all the DID's are supposed to reach reception, configure all the phones with internal extensions (4/5 digits whatever it may be)

configure a hunt group and translate all incoming calls to hunt pilot. Number of internal DN's on your reception phone depends on the phone / expansion module you're using

Also you can configure users internal extensions as BLF speed dial on reception expansion module to know the status of each user line

First of all thank you very much for replying, Arun. 

First of all i'm not sure why you're using DID, If all the 10 lines are answered by a receptionist.
I mentioned DID because currently we have 10 POTS lines setup on the receptionist phone and I wasn't 100% sure on how to set it up on CM.

Since all the DID's are supposed to reach reception, configure all the phones with internal extensions (4/5 digits whatever it may be)

I have done this part.  All the users have a 4 digit internal extension. 

configure a hunt group and translate all incoming calls to hunt pilot. Number of internal DN's on your reception phone depends on the phone / expansion module you're using

This was the piece that I was confuse on.  Can you elaborate?  Expansion Module is 24 buttons

Also you can configure users internal extensions as BLF speed dial on reception expansion module to know the status of each user line

This will be very beneficial to the receptionist. Thank You,

Assume that you have 7961/65 phone in reception with 7915 expansion module

You will have 6 + 24 = 30 Lines, configure 6 internal extensions on your reception phone and make these extensions as a member in hunt group (you may need to use 6 lines 24 speed dials phone line template)

Hunting alogorithm can be topdown /circular

Configure a hunt pilot, say 2000 and point all the inocming calls to the hunt pilot ( attendant DN on MGCP gw and connection Plar on H323)

Configure all the 10 users as BLF speed dial in expansion module so that receptionist can see the status of each users

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsprsnc.html#wp1152187

Arun,

I am getting an idea on how to implement it.  Thanks.  A few more questions for clarification (based on your example). I will need to configure hunt pilot 2000 and point all 10 incoming lines numbers to that number.  Then create a hunt group of 2001 - 2011 because I have 10 incoming lines, is this right?

Since I only have 6 lines on 7965, I will need to configure another 4 internal lines on the 7915 expansion module DN 2001- 2011).  Is this correct?  Then the remaining 20 lines, I will configure for the BLF/Speed Dial for each users.   Then if I have more than 20 users, I would need to get another 7915 to accommodate them or is there another viable option to see another 25 users - total of 45 BLF/Speed Dial.  Is this correct so far?

I got a little confuse on your comment - "( attendant DN on MGCP gw and connection Plar on H323).  What did you mean? 

Thanks again for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: