cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Call Manager Express Inbound calls failing from SIP Provider

mbroberson1
Level 3
Level 3

I have an issue that's strange and puzzling to me. I have a Call Manager Express 10.5 with a connection to a SIP proxy provider for service, I have one DID. The outbound calls work with no problem, but the inbound calls fail. Even stranger is if I simply remove the user credentials from the SIP-UA config and put them back I can make inbound calls for a short time then back to no inbound calls working, I can recreate this fairly consistently. If I do a "debug voice ccapi all" on my CME and place an inbound call I get nothing in the debug logs. I am attaching the configuration. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

as Vivek correctly stated (+5 V.), the problem is with registration timeout on provider side.

to solve that issue add what follows under sip-ua configuration section 

registrar dns:did.voip.les.net expires 3600 refresh-ratio 50

hth

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

Hi,

Seems fine. You can also set 'refresh-ratio 50' as suggested by Carlo which will ensure that gateway will try to re-register at half of the registration time.

- Vivek

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,

Can you please do the following:

1. Under SIP-UA configure the command authentication username xxx password xxx realm did.voip.les.net

2. While incoming calls aren't working, try to ping did.voip.les.net and share the IP address

3. While incoming calls aren't working, share the output of debug voice dialpeer and debug ccsip messages

Hi Mohammed,

I got the authentication under the SUP-UA.

While incoming calls aren't working I can ping did.voip.les.net as shown below. For the debugs I get literally no output... zero console messages, and yes term monitor and logging console are both enabled. When I test a call from outside it just rings 3 or 4 times then a busy signal. After the missed call I get the following email from my peer. However outbound calls are no issues at all.

You missed a call from 1706XXXXXXX to your DID 1706528XXXX because your peer was offline

Further in my management portal for the CDR it says "busy" for the call disposition.

CME#
Jan 21 18:16:11: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by console
CME#ping did.voip.les.net
Translating "did.voip.les.net"...domain server (8.8.8.8) [OK]

Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 64.34.181.47, timeout is 2 seconds:
!!!!!
Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 24/29/44 ms
CME#

Thanks

Hi,

Is it peer to peer trunk or getting registered with service provider?

If it is peer to peer trunk and you are not getting any logs during incoming call, all you need to check with your provider only.

If SIP trunk uses SIP registration, I suggest to check the SIP registration status when incoming calls are being failed. Try to shorten the SIP registration timer (150 to 200 sec) and see how it goes.

- Vivek

Hi,

as Vivek correctly stated (+5 V.), the problem is with registration timeout on provider side.

to solve that issue add what follows under sip-ua configuration section 

registrar dns:did.voip.les.net expires 3600 refresh-ratio 50

hth

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Vivek,

Could you please give the sytax for this command?

Would this be it?

sip-ua
   registrar dns:did.voip.les.net expires 120

Thanks

Hi,

Seems fine. You can also set 'refresh-ratio 50' as suggested by Carlo which will ensure that gateway will try to re-register at half of the registration time.

- Vivek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: