cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Call Manager Loop Avoidance

yulem1968
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing a problem with our Call Manager Setup.

Our voice setup is delivered a pair of Cisco Cube, that send calls onto our Call Manager (v10) that comprises of 4 subscribers.

When external calls are received on the cubes they pass the calls onto the relevant subscriber. 

The problem that we  are seeing is that if the range of numbers built is e.g 01111 11XXXX and an extension has not been built on the system (01111 117777) the cube passes the call to subscriber 1. Since the extn doesn't exist the call is sent to subscriber 2, then sub 3, then sub 4. After this the call returns to sub1 - then continually loops.

Is there a way to break this loop from happening?

Thanks

Martin 

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin,

If you have the exact range of numbers that is not programmed and you want to block the calls to those numbers then you can make a translation pattern with that range for incoming calls and set it to Block the Pattern ( ensuring that range does not overlap with other patterns ).

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

If the translation pattern is set up as 01111 111XXX, (1'000 DDI's) and we are only using half of the DDI's in that range. The only issue that we have is that the numbers used are spread throughout that range.

If i set up the blocking pattern would i need to specify the individual extensions that are not built on Call Manager? If this is the case this would be quite labour intensive to setup, as well as amend as extensions are added / removed.

Thanks 

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: