cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Call Transfer Interdigit Timeout Configuration

ian.ryder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am looking to modify the interdigit timeout after choosing the transfer option on CUCM 7.1.5.

Does someone know the Service parameter which requires modifying for this?  Is it separate to the T302 timer?

10 Replies 10

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's the same timer T.302, it will impact both transfers as well as normal call interdigit timeout.

Is there a separate setting for the initial digit timeout?  i.e. If the transfer key is pressed and no digits are dialled, how long before CUCM timeouts?

jleehawkins
Level 1
Level 1

where are you transfering to? on-net or off-net?

Either, obviously if its on-net with no overlapping it transfers instantly, my customer is complaining sometimes they do not complete dialling the number before the interdigit timeout expires and they get the Cisco annuicator message.  The T302 timer is currently set to 6 seconds, so dont really want to increase that so wanted to check if there was another parameter.

Ian,

Joe is correct (+5 joe) that the T.302 timer effects both transfer and direct. The phone initiating the call is essentially making a direct call before executing the transfer.

What strikes me as curious is that the dialing behavior on the transfer would be different than on a direct call. What is different (from a dialing perspective) between the digits users dial to do a transfer and the digits dialed to call the remote party directly (no transfer)?  If there is a difference, why?

What I am getting at is that the problem you are hearing about may be impacting call flows outside of the transfer call flow. Something worth looking at.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Bill,

I think it is down to user operation, the users are telling the other person they will transfer the call and hit the transfer button before actually having the number to hand, therefore it is taking them a while to start dialling the number and the timeout is expiring.

Hence my question around an inital digit timeout rather than inter-digit, I cannot ever recall such a parameter, but there might be??

Ian

Ian,

Gotcha. Makes sense. There is some glimmer of hope here. There is a service parameter called "off-hook to first digit timer". The value is in milliseconds and the default is 15000. You can specify up to 150000. That may help the situation.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Just to add, is the user looking in the Phone directroy for the end user? I`ve seen this issue when they do this and as the others have stated there isn`t a different regarding timers

Thanks Bill.

I have just updated this timer, but it doesnt seem to have taken effect.  I have restarted the CM Service on all servers but nno joy.

Ian,

You shouldn't have to restart any service. It should take effect immediately. This setting would modify the timer betweent he offhook event and the first digit. It wouldn't apply to any other aspect of the dialing sequence (just to clarify).

Regards,

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: