Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CER - multiple sites - partition question

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Going thru the configuration guide and have a question on the requirement to create two partitions in CUCM (integration piece with CUCM).  Requires a 911_PT which will house the emergency numbers and a Phones_PT which is associated with all of the existing internal DN's.   

We have 90 sites.  All internal DN's for all sites fall under one existing Route Parition (Cluster DN Presence Allowed).  Each site has an existing 911 partition.

For the requirements asked, can I use the existing Route Partition or do I need to create a separate one for each site?  For the 911 partition, I was planning on using the existing individual 911 Partition for each site.  O

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The purpose of the 911 partition is so that you can put the 911/912 CTI route points into it and thus control who can dial 911 using CER vs. direct access to local 911 that may not be needed by all sites.  If your design calls for allowing all sites to use CER then you can place these CTI RPs into the common "Cluster DN Presence Allowed" partition.  If you only want some sites to use CER then you create 1 global "E911" partition applied to these CTI RPs and assigned a new CSS to the 911 site specific translation patterns which now serve as relay points to route calls via CER.  There is no need to build new CSS per site, just one CSS with access to the E911 and Cluster DN Presence Allowed partitions.  You also need to make sure the route pattern used by the ELINs is in proper partition (normally also uses the E911 PT) to avoid any direct access to it, but depending on how you structure it, it may exist in the Cluster DN Presence Allowed PT.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The purpose of the 911 partition is so that you can put the 911/912 CTI route points into it and thus control who can dial 911 using CER vs. direct access to local 911 that may not be needed by all sites.  If your design calls for allowing all sites to use CER then you can place these CTI RPs into the common "Cluster DN Presence Allowed" partition.  If you only want some sites to use CER then you create 1 global "E911" partition applied to these CTI RPs and assigned a new CSS to the 911 site specific translation patterns which now serve as relay points to route calls via CER.  There is no need to build new CSS per site, just one CSS with access to the E911 and Cluster DN Presence Allowed partitions.  You also need to make sure the route pattern used by the ELINs is in proper partition (normally also uses the E911 PT) to avoid any direct access to it, but depending on how you structure it, it may exist in the Cluster DN Presence Allowed PT.

Thank you for the response!

I am actually only converting over the Michigan sites for now since legislation calls for it and then converting other state sites next year most likely.  With that said and to your points, then I should create a single global e911 partition and a new single CSS for e911 that has access to the new single global e911 partition.  Sound right?

Correct.

One more thing to consider: Secondary Dial Tone.

Typically you will not want your 911 CTI RP DN in the "normal" partition, since DN's cannot supply secondary dial tone, and it will break secondary dial tone. This only applies to dial plans using 9 as a PSTN access code though. In which case, you put the 911 translation in the "normal" partition, and hide the 911 CTI RP DN in a new partition.

Otherwise, all good info shared.

Good point Anthony. 

We use 8 as a PSTN access code.  I assume you putting the 911 translation in the "normal" partition, and hide the 911 CTI RP DN in a new partition still applies?

Nope. Just if you have 9 as a PSTN access code.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: