Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Certification

Hello,

I currently have CCNA and CCNA Voice, both will be expiring in september so I plan to write CIVND 210-065, this will give me the CCNA Collab cer if I pass, what I want to know is what happens to my CCNA cert? does it fall away with the new certification structure?

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Plz open a case here

http://ciscocert.force.com/english

HTH

Manish

Ryan Huff
Level 4
Level 4

By taking the "one test conversion" option, you effectively take your CCNA Voice and "trade it in" for a CCNA Collab. That said, if your CCNA Voice is currently valid, you can "keep the train going" by taking other tests that will renew all your certifications.

Effectively, this means that your CCNA Voice will remain valid as long as you do not let it lapse, but you are not able to take the CCNA Voice certification's battery of tests (any of the original 5) again.

That said, if you go to the certification tracker portal, the CCNA Voice is no longer listed under certification progress. At this point, it really becomes subjective to you / your employer IMHO.

If you're looking for resume fodder OR are trying to satisfy Cisco partner staffing requirements, having the latest and greatest is the way to go.

Thanks,

Ryan

(.. Please rate helpful posts ..)

Alisha_Rascon
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco CCNA Voice is the best entry-level IT certification in the Cisco portfolio.

210-065: Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices (CIVND)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: