Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CIPC Recording

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Everyone,

Our agents phone are being recorded using built in bridge. Internal calls coming from an IP Communicators (SIP) using 5 digits extensions are failing to be recorded. If the same CIPC calls the same phone using 10 digits (PSTN), the call gets recorded with no issue. If the same CIPC establishes a VPN and calls the agent extension, the call gets recorded as well. I personally believe the issue is because the CIPC is in a data VLAN and the phone is in a voice VLAN? 

Any idea how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

MK

2 Replies 2

Based on the information given I guess that your recording system is connected to the phone vlan and when you connect with VPN the device gets access to the phone vlan. If so do you have inter vlan routing between the data and phone vlan? If you don’t have that the CIPC will not be able to connect to the recording system.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Thank you for replying and sorry for the delay. 

I am able to ping the IP Communicator from the recording server. This means there's no issue with the routing. The IP Communicator is visible by the recording server. Is there anything else which cause the issue?

Thanks,

MK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: