Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Cluster Sizing tool

Vinod Dahiya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Need inputs on Cluster Sizing tool for CUCM. We are planning to consider the requirements of a Mega Cluster. Exiting cluster is 11.5.1 -->

CUCM - 1 Pub 8 Sub

CUC- 1 Pub 1 Sub

UCCX - 2 Clusters - 2 Sub each( 1st Cluster in Location A and 2nd in Cluster B)

Total devices are - 28K including SCCP, SIP, CSF, CIPC

Total DN - 49000

CTI Route Port- 270

CTI Route Point- 2000

Total Agents- 450

Remote sites- 175

BHCC for both inbound and outbund comes 7400 checked from CDR Traffic summary Serviceability page.

How could we find out the values for BHCA for Inbound/Outbound calls?

How to find out BHCA for Intercluster /Intracluster calls/Enterprise BHCA?

how to get details about Percentage of PSTN TDM-IP IPT Load to GW group 1?

How to add all gateways and Analog gateways on Gateway section with all 175 gateway based on platform and ios version.

We need to get accurate details as possible to do a correct sizing and planning for cluster expansion.

Any help or supporting documentations will be real help. I have checked details about calculating BHCA from SRND but real and accurate calculations is need for proper sizing.

Regards,

Vinod Dahiya

9 Replies 9

Vinod Dahiya
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

Any help on the topic is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Vinod Dahiya

You can check out the performance reporting under CM Serviceability. Tools > Serviceability Reports Archive.

Select the report that begins with PerformenceRep. There should be one for each CM server.

Thanks Mike!

I have already checked that but not useful as output is count of devices only.

The Performance report or even the Call Activities report, the first page when I export is "Call Activites" which shows calls attempted and completed for the cluster / individual node. Device counts are there, but just one piece of the report.

Thanks for checking this!

I opened this discussion after verifying output at my end but let me re-login tomorrow in other cluster to see if it's an issue in only one cluster. At my end it was informing to click on link of previous date which gave device count output only 

I will share results.

Thanks for your inputs!

Verified from other cluster, I can see CallActivitiesRep, PerformanceRep, Device Rep, Service Rep which shows cluster BHCA, H323, SIP trunk , MGCP BHCA and BHCC.

In required custer, it is showing PerformanceRep of 2nd June(No info for other dates) showing device count only. Cisco Serviceability Reporter service is deactivated in this cluster. I am going to activate this service.

Any idea how to differentiate BHCA for Inbound and Outbound -  PSTN calls, Inter cluster and Intracluster?

Regards,

Vinod Dahiya

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

This is a good megacluster thread:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/cisco-mega-cluster/td-p/3473283

I have been through a few of these.  Use your best good faith estimate for your calculations, better to overestimate than underestimate.  You could also touch base with your Cisco Account Manager to perhaps meet with someone with the Megacluster team to find out how accurate you may need to be before filling out everything.

Hi JR,

Yes provided document have real good info from Wade.

As you have worked on this tool in past, your experience is real handy here to understand on how to calculate and differentiate BHCA for Inbound and Outbound - PSTN , Inter cluster and Intra cluster calls?

From Serviceability Page, I was extracting Traffic summary for inbound and Outbound calls , Tools --> CDR Analysis and Reporting --> This is giving me BHCC summary.

So, do I need to consider BHCC for a single day or to check an average of 1/2 weeks BHCC?

Thanks!

Regards,
Vinod

I would consider the average of a work week. one day could end up low volume.