cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CM design G729 WAN G711 LAN Question

TODD BERGMAN
Level 1
Level 1

I have a centralized CM deployment with several remote sites. We use cisco Unity for VM and auto attendant. Voice Gateway's at

each location. Unity is installed with G711 system prompts. Would like to keep G711 to voicemail but G729 between sites. I have device pools setup for each site and 1 for the voicemail ports. I have regions setup Between each site G729 and between each site and the central Unity voicemail server G711. When a call is made from the PSTN to a IP phone the call completes. If the call is then transfered to  a remote site the transfer feature doesn't complete it won't transfer. Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to achieve the goal described? All voice gateways are cisco IOS H323 PRI's.

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you call from the HQ IP Phone to the Branch IP Phone directly?

Instead of testing with a PSTN caller, can you transfer another HQ IP Phone from the HQ IP Phone to the Branch IP Phone?

Does the PSTN call originally come through Unity before connecting to the HQ IP Phone, or does the call come in directly to the HQ IP Phone?

Yes I can call from the HQ to remote site and the phone stats sh G722.

In the region settings I have specified G729.

I did try a transfer with an internal call. It did not work. Once I am on a call and try to transfer to the remote site phone I hit the transfer key and then dial the number of another remote site phone and nothing happens. It doesn't dial. Its bizare.

All tests from pstn go through the Unity autoattendant.

I also tried a direct dial to the phone still same result.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: