Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CME and ATA 186 using SCCP

ysanadiga01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Is it possible to configure ATA 186 - using SCCP - for sending and receiving fax on the CallManager Express Version 8.6?  I've configured both ports of ATA 186 as ephone and ephone-dn. I connected an analoge phone to the ATA ports and I can call and receive calls. I've not connected it to a fax machine. I would be appreciate if someone can confirm this.

Thanks & Regards.

YSana

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi YSana

I have definitely got fax machines working through an ATA186 using SCCP.

Barry

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi YSana

Yes, I believe this is possible. From memory, you need to create 2 ephones for the ATA - as the second port uses a MAC address that is auto generated from it's NIC.

HTH. Barry

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your answer.

I asked this question because on most of the forms they say that ATA186 works for fax with H.323 protocol only. Cisco has discontinued the H.323 support for ATA186.

Thanks & Regards,

YSana

Hi YSana

I have definitely got fax machines working through an ATA186 using SCCP.

Barry

Thanks Barry. I will discover it on monday :-) But your answer is encouraging for me.

I register ATA 186 with CME 8.6 , also I can call and receive call's but i have problem with audio from ATA 186 . When calling with analog phone from ATA 186 extension I can hear another party but they can not hear me.  Can you send me settings which worked with you .Did you do any adjustments of ATA 186. I did not succeded to force CME make CNF file so I manualy enter parametars for connection.

10x in advanced

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

Can I add that when you manually configure an ATA186 on CME port 1 uses the

real MAC address of the ATA

Eg aaaa.bbbb.cccc

Port 2 always uses this frig of the real address

aabb.bbcc.cc01

Drop the 1st 2 digits of the MAC and append 01 at the end

ephone 21

mac aaaabbbbcccc

button 1:21

ephone 22

mac aabbbbcccc01

button 1:22

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.