cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIsco CME as SIP Provider

sampath9614
Level 1
Level 1

Can we use cme as sip provder?? so that other pbx guys can configure it as a sip provider in their pbx. ?

can we configure multiple SIP provider profiles in CME?

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What do you mean by "SIP provider", are you asking to simulate CME as your ITSP?

In any case, the answer is yes, you just enable SIP configuration and build proper dial-peers on the CME.

I want to use as a SIP Provider (Yes ITSP) If yes, please through me a doc, i can work it out. 

I am getting docs for configuring sip and registrar server in CME but not as provider. 

My exact requirement is like, 

I have a CME and third party pbx. CME should act like SIP Provider. 

I will register on IP phone in CME

in pbx i will configure SIP proxy, with authentication username and passwords. 

And somehow i need to establish connectivity from ip phone in PBX to IP phone in CME. 

Also, if you mean to use IOS router as Registrar server then its possible. But you can't use it as SIP proxy server.

Registrar server is for IP phones only or for other PBXs also?

I want the CME to act like ITSP

You can configure PBXs as well to register with CME. In this case you need to use IP Address instead of MAC address when you configure voice register pool

Oh... So i should create a voice register pool for that pbx, username and password also in that pool. 

And i need to create a dialpeer to reach pbx system. Then the pbx will regsiter using that sip credentials and ip address to the CME am i right?