cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CME FXO Issue.

bndbrennan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I am using a Cisco 1760 with a FXO VIC Card. The config for the Dial-Plan/FXO is below.

The issue I am having is how to get CME to ignore incomming calls. With this config, outbound works great.

When a call comes in, CME picks it up, gives a dial tone, and stops the analouge phones from riging.

Any ideas to what I should change in the config?

Thanks!

!

!

voice translation-rule 100

!

!

!

!

!

voice-port 2/0

!

voice-port 2/1

!

!

!

!

!

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

description INCOMING MATCHING

call-block translation-profile incoming BlockCalls

preference 1

destination-pattern 9[6]..........

incoming called-number .

port 2/0

forward-digits 11

prefix 9,

!

dial-peer voice 9 pots

description OUTGOING LEVEL 9 CALLS

call-block translation-profile incoming BlockCalls

destination-pattern 9T

port 2/0

!

!

telephony-service

load 7910 P00405000700

load 7960-7940 P00308000400

load 7920 cmterm_7920.4.0-03-02.bin

load 7941 SCCP41.8-2-2SR1S

load 7961 SCCP41.8-2-2SR1S

11 Replies 11

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

against voice port 2/0 use plar to an extension you would like to answer the call on.

!

!

voice-port 2/0

connection plar 500

!

This will ring incoming calls on extn 500

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hello,

What I am hoping to do is have the older analouge phone system and the cisco system using the same PTNS phone line/number. Outboud calling works great, I do not want the cisco system to do anything with incoming callings, I only want the older analouge system to be able to answer them.

Thanks.

I'm assumming that you analogue system is connected to port 2/1.

What you can do is to configure COR "Class of Restriction" which will allow you to permitt/deny traffict to only match the dial-peers that you give access to.

Here is an example config:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d649.shtml

Hope this is what you are looking for.

- Luis A.

The setup is as below

Service Provider Line---Splitter----Cisco FXO Card & Base of Analogue System

Cisco FXO is in a Voice Router that handels a dozen phones

Analogue system is a business phone system with answering machine and a few wireless handsets.

Thanks.

Ok. Do you have an FXS port also in the CME? If you do, I will use that instead to connect your Analogue System and virtually route inbound using COR or connection PLAR, since trying to control an split signal will be complicated.

Otherwise the CME will most likely answer sooner than the answering machine and not know what to do.

-Luis A.

I do not have a FXS port. So, I should get a FXO card, and use that?

Will I be able to make it possible for the users of the analouge system to dial like normal without any prefixs or delays?

Yes. Basically you CME will be acting as the PSTN for you Analogue system, that way you can tell CME to route all inbound traffic to the FXS port.

-Luis A.

Okay.

Also, will Caller ID Information pass through?

When ordering a FXS card, is the a model needed to pass the caller ID info from the FXO to the system on the FXS?

There is a set of requirements that need to be meet.

Here are some examples:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/cisco_ios_voice_configuration_library_glossary/vclclid.html#wp1077886

- Luis A.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: