cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP-6901 dialplan configure on 3rd party PBX how to change interdigit timeout

Mauro Maganetti
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I recently updated the firmware to: cmterm-6901_6911-sip.9-2-1-0 and configured the phone by using TFTP via xml files.

I created SEP<mac_address>.cnf.xml and dialplan.xml by using some sample files for Cisco 79xx IP phones. The phone is correctly registered to the PBX and it works fine.

The only problem is the interdigit timeout (default 10"). I can't change this value by using dialplan.xml. When I reboot the phone, the TFTP files are read and also the dialplan.xml, but nothing change.

Follow the dialplan.xml file:

<DIALTEMPLATE>

<TEMPLATE MATCH="*" TIMEOUT="5"/>

</DIALTEMPLATE>

Someone can help me?

Regards.

Mauro

30 Replies 30

Mauro Maganetti
Level 1
Level 1

I was hoping this forum there was someone who could help me.

No one has any suggestions?

As you can imagine, ten seconds to wait before the call starts are too many ...

Regards.

Mauro

Hi,
I have brand new CP-6901 with 6901SCCP.9-0-2-0 inside.
I want to change it to SIP frimware. I have cmterm-6901_6911-sip.9-3-1-sr1-3.zip.Ony problem is I don't have access to any call manager to change firmware. I want to do it only with TFTP.

Is it possible ?

Regards,

Wojtek

Dear Wojtek,

flashing, at your own risk, the CP-6901 by using TFTP and xml configuration files is very easy to do. I spent a lot of time looking for official Cisco's documentation but I haven't found almost nothing. I found web sites with some instructions for Cisco 79xx IP phones configuration for Asterisk.

If you need more details please give me an email address to send an example.

Cheers.

M.

Mauro - I know this thread is a bit old but I was hoping you could help me with flashing a 6901 to use with SIP/asterisks...  Could use help on what to put in .xml files...

Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim,

first of all you need to flash the phone by installing the SIP firmware. I can send you the SIP firmware (10M) and XML configuration sample file. You can find the instruction to upgrade the phone by searching over internet something like: "Cisco 79xx IP phones Asterisk". The method is the same for 6901 phone. I do not have any roll back firmware then remember that if you update the phone to SIP no roll back will be possible. As yoy know this operation is on your risk. If you are interested to the firmware file please write me an email address.

Regards.

M.

Hi Mauro,

Thanks for the reply!  If you could send me the those files that get me heading in the right direction... ja10507090@gmail.com.

Thanks again, Jim

This problem really does render the phone useless.  Quite a few $$ down the drain.

You have to question both the quality assurance processes and the commitment to delivering a fix once the issue has been reported.

Has someone solved that bug?

Not that we know of...
I still have a box of totally useless CP-6901's  

Thanks Cisco.

Dear Mauro,

thanks a lot problem has been resolved thank once again

I'm surprised that in all these years no expert Cisco has deigned to spend a few minutes to give an answer to this question so simple. At this point I think we can talk about incompetence.

Hi Mauro,

I know it has been a long time (about 2 years)

But I was wondering if you still have the SIP FW and files for the CP-6901

I tried to do it myself but failed...

my email is it@lecfl.com

Thanks

Tony Tanios
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mauro,

I am experiencing the same issue.

the dialplan has no impact at all and I cannot find any place to change the interdigit timeout default setting.

I am keen to know how can Cisco does not support their phone 6901.

Hope you have a solution and you can share.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Hi,
I have brand new CP-6901 with 6901SCCP.9-0-2-0 inside.
I want to change it to SIP frimware.Ony problem is I don't have access to any call manager to change firmware. I want to do it only with TFTP.

Is it possible ?

Regards,

Sajid