cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP-6901 dialplan configure on 3rd party PBX how to change interdigit timeout

Mauro Maganetti
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I recently updated the firmware to: cmterm-6901_6911-sip.9-2-1-0 and configured the phone by using TFTP via xml files.

I created SEP<mac_address>.cnf.xml and dialplan.xml by using some sample files for Cisco 79xx IP phones. The phone is correctly registered to the PBX and it works fine.

The only problem is the interdigit timeout (default 10"). I can't change this value by using dialplan.xml. When I reboot the phone, the TFTP files are read and also the dialplan.xml, but nothing change.

Follow the dialplan.xml file:

<DIALTEMPLATE>

<TEMPLATE MATCH="*" TIMEOUT="5"/>

</DIALTEMPLATE>

Someone can help me?

Regards.

Mauro

30 Replies 30

For sure.

Use the SIP firmware and xml sample file with params config on your risk.

You have to:

1.  copy all the files (also xml config file) into a directory on your computer.

1.1. change the name SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX.cnf.xml with SEP<yourphonemacaddress>.cnf.xml

2. modify the xml file with the IP of your PBX
3. modify the xml file with your extension number
4. install a tftpd server on your computer indicating the folder with the files (firmware and xml) as "root folder"
5. set the phone IP address as valid addres in your LAN
6. set the phone tftp server IP addres as your PC address
7. start the tdtpd server on your PC
8. restart the phone connected to the LAN

Now if you are right the tftp server dialog will show you the communication progress and the phone will be flashed as SIP phone. At the end you should see your phone registred on your PBX.

Remember that I not solved the problem of interdihit timeout then when you start a call you have to wait 10 seconds before the call start.

Good Luck.

can you share me the files please

my email address is

sajid@acme.net.pk

nimra_mutinet
Level 1
Level 1

thanks

kvera0000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same problem. The phone is correctly registered and works fine but the problem is the interdigit timeout I change the value but that dont take effect on the phone. Anything help is appreciated. I let my email if someone can help my kvera@nectarcompany.com

Regars.

K.

aosuna0011
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here!!!!! Really anybody have a solution?

Thx!

Same here. Tried many different settings, but no joy. Please help.

amranisat1
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here guys! does anyone have a solution? I can't believe that a Giant like Cisco can't solve this issue.My e-mail if anyone want to help:amranisat@hotmail.es

Thanks!

Welcome to the Club whose members have CP-6901 Bricks   due to the poor quality control and support of the SIP dialplan.

This problem really does render the phone useless.  Quite a few $$ down the drain.

You have to question both the quality assurance processes and the commitment to delivering a fix once the issue has been reported.

Thanks for your reply Paul Neilson, It's hard to believe, we've got customers with these devices complaining about this issue, and we are looking forward to give them a solution.

The amazing thing is that Cisco technical staff could answer in a second but no one is ever turned down and talk to us.

wael.mostafa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear marou,

i have cp6901 phone and i hope to get the SIP config. File for it to work with astrex base PBX and if there is other needed files i appericate if tou send to me .

wael1981@gmail.com

thanks in advance for your help 

wael

Same issue in 2018

Any workaround ?

It is enough anyone from Cisco staff simply says "dialplan not supported by 6901"

Just to stop people search and search for a solution.

Thank you

federico_tv
Level 1
Level 1

Some improvement:

After playing with 6901 and failed dialplan management ,yesterday, I left the phone on standby all night long.

This morning , surprisingly, its dialplan was working :

<dialTemplate>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="...." Timeout="0"/>
</dialTemplate>

all four-digit numbers were dialed immediately !!

After a phone reset , dial plan was working no more.........

Absolutely nonsense, any idea ????

SEPMAC.cnf.xml attached.......

Again, I can confirm this behaviour

Dialplans work after many hours of phone inactivity (I cannot define.....surely  14hours I',m away from my job)

Perhaps phone is trying to load something, searching for some configuration on network and after a very long timeout it consider to use the dialplan file loaded from TFTP at boot.

From SSH console , any "show sipstack xxxxxx" command returns NO data (console prompt back) in each case, working or not working dialplan

Also SSH dumps are not showing any particular difference in behavior between two cases.

Do you have any suggestion about ?

Same issue here.

Any fix!